Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Non-Restricted ACR's

Questar - CGN Sponsor
    Quote Originally Posted by mildot View Post
    I like this version;
    A quick look on the internet and its looks like Spike's made a 12.5" barrel, Questar sells Spike's stuff?
    That image is NOT the 12.5" Spikes barrel... looks more like the 14.5" or 16" barrel that Tom was experimenting with last year. Mike has never put this up for sale on his website and has always referred to this as a special project item.

Here is what their 12.5" looks like...

They were also VERY expensive.

Here is the info that Tom Miller (CEO Spike's Tactical) posted on ARfcom back in November 2010...

Here are the final specs, pricing, and ETA's on the ACR barrels.

Specs,

Barrels are LW-50 Stainless steel, 1:8 twist, Polygon rifled, Nickel Boron coated M4 barrel extension, ACR Mid-length gas system, Correct ACR diameter gas port, Correct ACR profile under the handguard, Barrels are Fluted in front of the gas block with a bead blasted finish. They are available in 12.5", 14.5", 16", and 18" lengths.

ST-LW ACR barrels are $485.00 (barrels are stripped). Turn around time is 1-2 weeks.

We will offer a service to transfer over customer supplied piston components, cost is $150. Turn around time is 2-3 weeks.

That would have put the pricing here in Canada too high so we opted to make our own barrels instead.

Mark

CGN Ultra frequent flyer mildot's Avatar
    Thanks for the correction, good to see your on your toes!
    The post was not intended as a "disinformation campaign" just more stuff from the internet. Who knows maybe it will generate some sales for ya? Your welcome
    Certified Colt, Glock, REM, S&W, SIG, Tikka Armourer
    "Infil, Hit Target, Mission Complete, Exfil, Easy Day"

Quote Originally Posted by Questar View Post
    That image is NOT the 12.5" Spikes barrel... looks more like the 14.5" or 16" barrel that Tom was experimenting with last year. Mike has never put this up for sale on his website and has always referred to this as a special project item.

Here is the info that Tom Miller (CEO Spike's Tactical) posted on ARfcom back in November 2010...

Specs,

Barrels are LW-50 Stainless steel, 1:8 twist, Polygon rifled, Nickel Boron coated M4 barrel extension, ACR Mid-length gas system, Correct ACR diameter gas port, Correct ACR profile under the handguard, Barrels are Fluted in front of the gas block with a bead blasted finish. They are available in 12.5", 14.5", 16", and 18" lengths.

ST-LW ACR barrels are $485.00 (barrels are stripped). Turn around time is 1-2 weeks.

We will offer a service to transfer over customer supplied piston components, cost is $150. Turn around time is 2-3 weeks.

That would have put the pricing here in Canada too high so we opted to make our own barrels instead.

Mark
    So what you looking for pricing for something similar to that in 16 or 14.5" for ACR. give me a pm.
    I am not even sure How much beer I drank Toyad.

Questar - CGN Sponsor
    Quote Originally Posted by GunBoy View Post
    So what you looking for pricing for something similar to that in 16 or 14.5" for ACR. give me a pm.
    We're not looking at 16 or 14.5" barrels at all, at least not at this point... nor are we looking to reproduce exactly what Spike's was playing with either as the cost exceeds what the market in Canada will accept (in my opinion).

Our main focus is the non-restricted barrel length (which we are currently shipping from stock) and we're also working on a .300BLK barrel which would be an excellent alternative for hunting.

We will release a short barrel once we finalize length specs. The 12.5" that we've been testing is pretty good but we still need to test the 11.5" and finalize material choice, etc... so that is still at least a few months away from being ready.

Mark

CGN frequent flyer aftermidnight's Avatar
    7.62x40WT (Wilson Tactical) would be a better alternative to 300BLK IMO.
    When The Man comes around - Johnny Cash

CGN Ultra frequent flyer 8 ball's Avatar
    Except that Hornady is now making 300 BLK factory ammo. The same can not be said about the Wilson round.

CGN frequent flyer aftermidnight's Avatar
    Hornady makes dies for the Wilson Tactical. Forming brass is the same procedure as the 300BLK. Like with all new chamberings, more consumer support and mainstream factory rounds should be available.
    When The Man comes around - Johnny Cash

Our main focus is the non-restricted barrel length (which we are currently shipping from stock) and we're also working on a .300BLK barrel which would be an excellent alternative for hunting.

Mark
    I would be sooooo down for that in FDE! Do you have a rough timeline for when these might be available? (Knowing full well and accepting what happens with timelines )

hey mark, when are you getting your next shipment of black ACRs? I was about to pull the trigger on one but during checkout it said out of stock

Specs,

Mark

That is the same barrel I got for my ACR. It is a pretty damn expensive barrel. However, I don't think Spikes is selling that barrel anymore.