Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: CSA Vz-58 .223 AR Adapters (ETA?)

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck3436 View Post
    I would hope that whomever carries these offers installation as an option. I'm mechanically inclined but would rather not dick around with something I have no experience with such as this.

Are all CSA dealers stocking these? When will they have them?

Any dealer that currently carries the CSA can order these when they become available.

Are these 100% reliable? I'd be curious to an actual range report on fit, function and reliability.Depending on these results may be the deciding factor if I want one of these csa 556 rifles or not.

Not sure as we have never had them on an actual rifle yet. Reports from the factory indicate they work well.
    As for installation, you would have to speak with the dealer you purchased it from. It maybe possible for them to install.

Quote Originally Posted by North Eastern Arms View Post
    ... Surprised no one has mentioned this;

How about installing this AR adapter in your 7.62mm rifle and using the the incoming 10rnd 7.62x39 XCR Pistol Mags..
    That was suggested a while ago. By moi.
    Whatever

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Hmmm... I wonder how well a VZ58 chambered in 6.8x43 would sell...

Even if it fell in the price-range of the XCR, it wouldn't have the stigma...
    If you're going through hell, keep going.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by North_Sylva View Post
    Ok, here are the first offical pictures of the CSA mag well adapter.

I was surprized to see that this mag well was constructed in polymer. I must admit though it seems very strong and very well put together.

It also seems to be a fairly straightforward installation process. I've included a copy of the instruction so gun nutz can memorize the installation process before they actually receive the product.

Enjoy!

May I ask if you could ask CSA what provision is necessary to make the adapter work on the early batch.

Please don't tell me to contact Wolverine as I did already and they told me that they are no longer responsible.

Some pictures would help, shouldn't be too difficult for you and CSA, thanks.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Chuck3436's Avatar
    Yes info on this AR adapter needs a little massaging for all of us.

other than that....

Who's gonna be the first to guinea pig this kit on and give us all the real range report and lowdown on fit and function?

Quote Originally Posted by scianna54 View Post
    May I ask if you could ask CSA what provision is necessary to make the adapter work on the early batch.Please don't tell me to contact Wolverine as I did already and they told me that they are no longer responsible.

Some pictures would help, shouldn't be too difficult for you and CSA, thanks.
    From what we're told by CSA the original batch of guns imported by Wolverine supplies will require a minor amount of machining to get them to fit as a mag adpater was never in the cards back then.

Once CSA gives us the details, we will be able to perform the modification here.

Thanks,

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    This is great and all, but what is so bad with the original mags - or is it just the availability of AR mags?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by saskcop View Post
    This is great and all, but what is so bad with the original mags - or is it just the availability of AR mags?
    yes, it's about the usage of the 10-rd AR mags.

But what North Sylva says is not correct, the mag adapter was planed all along, Wolverine let go off the relationship with CSA because they couldn't deliver what they promised.

CSA owes it to all people who bought the first batch of rifles to give very soon exact descriptions as to how to machine the receiver so the mag adapter will fit, even provide the necessary parts for free - otherwise they loose all credibility in my eyes.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer DaveMachine's Avatar
    So I take it Pmags are a no go?
    A2 flash hider aficionado.

Quote Originally Posted by scianna54 View Post
    yes, it's about the usage of the 10-rd AR mags.

But what North Sylva says is not correct, the mag adapter was planed all along, Wolverine let go off the relationship with CSA because they couldn't deliver what they promised.

CSA owes it to all people who bought the first batch of rifles to give very soon exact descriptions as to how to machine the receiver so the mag adapter will fit, even provide the necessary parts for free - otherwise they loose all credibility in my eyes.
    +1 for me.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast