Thread: EMT's ?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer alexD92's Avatar

EMT's ?

Hi John,
    I know you presently do not accept EMT's, but would it be possible to implement this payment method in the near future? Most online stores accept them and it's the easiest and quickest way for me to pay for things online.

Cheers,
    Alex
    Pew pew

Its usually a good idea to make it easy to take money from us.

Id love to see EMT as well.
    You can use a rifle as a doorjamb or paperweight, but that's not what it's designed for. It's not what the rifle, in its soul, longs to do.

Any word on this John?
    Pew pew

CGN Ultra frequent flyer DARKSTANG's Avatar
    I agree. I would more likey pick an EMT over a credit card or money order. I make a point of looking for places that do accept it. I did hear from a source that Marstar has the availability to do EMT for bigger orders. Why not the little ones like us?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer haha49's Avatar
    It might be because it takes people more time to collet them ie more work = more hassel more hassel = Dont want to do it..

If someone has to collect it and gets allot of emts that just more paper work to do it slows them down... I don't do emts cc are so much easyier or money orders or cash... Not everyone can do an emt too only certain banks..

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Avalonthas's Avatar
    I would presume a major issue would be control. Look at how a individual deals with an EMT and consider how large Marstar is versus other vendors

You sell an item, buyer sends you an EMT with password. You click the link and select your bank and the bank asks you to login with user/pass to your bank account to accept it. Then its deposited

The person who processes the EMT will need the login credentials of the bank account, so they not only can process EMT, but they can spend and transfer money with that online access. No business wants a general employee or order processor to have that kind of access to the financials. The controller or accountant has that high level access to the financials, but they don't have the time to run transactions, there job is to review, audit then do the AP/AR for the business. So its a gap between the order processor and the financial controller

Smaller vendors, the owner is often the person processing orders and running the financials or with a small trusted team (such as family members) so they are more likely to accept EMT

Just my thought, but EMT is convenient that's for sure
    There's Mil-spec, and then there's Gunnutz-spec.
    One is stringent, the other contains nuts.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer DARKSTANG's Avatar
    All the major banks have it. TD, RBC, CIBC, Scotia, etc. How is it more work? What is easier then to go to your online banking and send money to an email? The longest I've waited to get an EMT is an hour. I'm not sure where there is extra work when it gets deposited straight to your account. If the $1.50 is too much for you to spend then by all means, don't use it. In Customer Service to be successful to your potential it makes sense to make it easier to the Consumer to buy something. If your not, your missing some sales. Ask anyone how expensive it is to run a Credit Card machine. I'm in buisiness too and customers might be attracted by price but they tend to take the easier road.

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by alexD92 View Post
    Any word on this John?
    John's on Vaction.
    Better call Marstar & bug Frank.

You must be back from vacation by now.
    Pew pew