Page 12 of 33 FirstFirst ... 245678910111213141516171819202232 ... LastLast

Thread: AN SKS for $75.

Order placed! See you next Thursday!! woot woot!

will this be a ongoing sale for a while? I have passed my non-restricted, but I am currently doing my restricted so I am holding off sending in my paperwork until everything is done.. so not sure when I will actually get my license in my hands.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer geologist's Avatar
    I had to order this. I already have an SKS but figured it was just too good a deal to pass up.

I just bought a cheapass Chinese Ruger air rifle and it cost twice as much as this SKS special!!!!!
    "Conservation is the mark of a dying civilization. When your technology is not increasing at the same rate as your population growth you are done. Bring on the next contender.".

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by geologist View Post
    I had to order this. I already have an SKS but figured it was just too good a deal to pass up.

I just bought a cheapass Chinese Ruger air rifle and it cost twice as much as this SKS special!!!!!
    I checked on this "deal". And it is a deal if you live in within 1 province of Ontario, but once you start with shipping charges, it is no longer a deal.

Buy an refurb SKS in Edmonton for $200, crate of ammo (granted it is only 1200rds) for $180 if you talk nice and buy at the same time. No shipping. Winds up costing less than $400 or so.

Order the same deal through Marstar and have it shipped to my postal code. $280 for the ammo, $75 for the rifle. Rifle comes in the mail, costs you an additional $25. So the rifle is now $100. $65 shipping for the crate of ammo. That makes the total deal cost $445 for me.
    ThriveLife-Cold Lake - Like having a grocery store in your basement. www.canada.tednshannonthrive.thrivelife.com
    Possession is 9/10's of the NEED!!
    "When guns become outlawed, only outlaws will have them" - Louis L'Amour.

Expired Business
    ROOKIE WILDCAT;
    Lets compare apples with apples and oranges with oranges....

"Buy an refurb SKS in Edmonton for $200, crate of ammo (granted it is only 1200rds) for $180

You just said a refurb SKS, the ones we sell are brand new, please read our ad or visit our site.

The ammo is $180. for 1200rds for a total of $380. + taxes $45.60 = Grand total of $425.oo

However our deal, you say, would cost $445. so thats a difference of $20. for 200 rds of ammo + a new instead of used rifle.... I don't see the "big deal" ??

John

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by spyd4r View Post
    will this be a ongoing sale for a while? I have passed my non-restricted, but I am currently doing my restricted so I am holding off sending in my paperwork until everything is done.. so not sure when I will actually get my license in my hands.
    I think they have said before - give them the cash and they will hold off shipping til you get your PAL?

Expired Business
    BIO PACE;

"I think they have said before - give them the cash and they will hold off shipping til you get your PAL? "

THANK YOU
    John

I received my new rifle in the mail on Thursday. It is in BEAUTIFUL shape! Packaged nicely and here 6 days before Canada Post said it would be. They tried to drop off my ammunition on Friday while I was working so they left me a note saying they'd be by today. I will be spending most of today cleaning my new beauty. I had done some research about buying the gun/ammo locally and with shipping taken into account I paid about $45 more from Marstar, but received 600 more rounds than were offered around here... Hell of a deal if you guys ask me!!

Thanks to John and all his staff for making this purchase easy and OH SO REWARDING :-D

Expired Business
    DIMP;

Thank you for the kind words, but we could not do it without you, the supportive customers....

THANK YOU
    John

CGN Regular

RE DiMP

Same goes for me John. Got my SKS today, very well packaged, a beautiful rifle. Lots of fun tonight cleaning it. Now the game starts in trying to identify the year and the factory. I think this can become addictive! Can't wait for the weekend to shoot it.

Thanks