Page 26 of 33 FirstFirst ... 61618192021222324252627282930313233 LastLast

Thread: AN SKS for $75.

Quote Originally Posted by brently20 View Post
    Just took my $75 SKS out again. Put 120 rounds through it and it was still flawless. Even managed to get 3" groups at 100yards with the surplus ammo from your 1400 round box. More than happy with it still. Thanks!
    brently, can you go over your cleaning process with me, I just fired 50 rounds through mine and I gave it what I think is a indepth cleaning, but I want to be sure. I sprayed plenty of windex, then I gave it a water rinse. I then used compress air cans to blow out any water left, then I sprayed wd-40 in all the gas path area's. I then used patches to wipe it all down well. then finally, I gave it a thorough dousing in gun oil inside and on the outer surfaces.

Does this sound good enough.

Bigmoe

Got my SKS last week. Finished dressing it up. can<t wait to shoot. Excellent service. Thanks Martina.
    Courage is fear holding on a minute longer.

George Patton

Quote Originally Posted by Classic Green .223 View Post
    Hmmmmm the fecal matter is going to hit the fan at my place. The wife said im not allowed to buy any new guns unitl I get a new dish washer ....... When I started to say that she was the new dish washer ...... It was the wrong thing to say.
    I don't usually laugh out loud, but I did LOL to this.

Finally got my SKS from Marstar to the range today and put about 200 rounds through it. Operates wonderfully, and I was getting 4 inch groupings at 60m over open sights. Also, the ammo is great, not a single dud, misfire, jam, nothing.

I will say this; don't skimp on cleaning this rifle when it gets to your door, it is literally oozing cosmoline from every conceviable part. I cleaned mine by doing a complete strip down (take the bolt fully apart!), then used a disposable roasting pan with warm water and Simple Green and a tooth brush to remove all visible cosmoline. I then used simple green and boiling water in a large pot to boil all metal parts, including barrel, for about 10 mintues. After removing the parts from the boiling water (they dry alone via the heat of the steel) I lightly oiled everything up save for the gas tube and piston. Next I used a rag and heat gun to leech out the cosmoline from the stock (requires time and patience), and finished by running the stock through the dishwasher on a quick cycle, skipping the dry cycle. The stock and parts were fully cleaned, and look brand new.

I was however not visually pleased with the shellac finish, so I decided to refinish my stock and gas tube using Minwax Polyshades Bombay Mahogany, and a finishing coat of a polyurethane and red Rit dye to mimic that classic AK "look". Turned out amazing, and overall, a really fun process.

I have two complaints, albeit minor:

-while the 5 round pinned mag is nicely done, I can not load 5 rounds manually, it is a little snug. I can however load 5 via stripper clip. Go figure.

-my extractor claw is marked with a 4 digit code that does not corispond to any of the markings or serial number. I'm a little miffed, as this was sold as "all matching parts", but not a huge issue.

Concluding, this offer from Marstar is a great deal, I'm very happy with this firearm. I will be ordering two more of these packages just for the ammo, might as well get a rifle basically thrown in
    Last edited by Shin_Gunto; 09-24-2012 at 08:22 AM.

Holy crapola, I just saw this thread. Anyone in Calgary want to go halfers on shipping with a bulk order?!?

A buddy and I went halfers on the case of ammo and sks deal, along with ordering a second SKS. Awesome deal. Thanks. My friend has a fair collection of arms already, but this is my first rifle. In the 3 weeks since we've had the guns, we've blown through half the case of ammo already. Lots of fun had up the mountain already. After one of our trips up the mountain, we recovered 4 fired bullets from behind a stump we had been using to mount targets. Three of them were intact, with only a little striation from the rifling, but the 4th one had expanded from the rear of the bullet. It would appear as though these are not steel cored, as advertised, but rather steel jacketed lead cored. Perhaps there is a steel core inside of the lead, and we failed to recover it along with the rest of the bullet, but it doesn't look that way. I might try cutting apart one of the intact recovered bullets to see a cross section. I am not complaining at all though. Steel core, steel jacket, whatever. It goes bang in a big way, and puts a hole through targets. That makes me happy. I would also like to mention that I am thoroughly impressed with the hard case that came along with the second rifle. It actually fits both rifles in it. Very nice bonus. Thanks again Marstar!

My PAL is still under process, and this deal is soo sweet.. Any chance or way Marstar holding one for me till my Pal arrive?

Expired Business
    HOLD ORDER, yes we do this all the time one soimply places his/her order and advises us to hold until PAL arrives.... No problem at all
    John

I am interested in going halves on shipping costs...you order yet?

John, pm sent.