Page 4 of 33 FirstFirst 1234567891011121424 ... LastLast

Thread: AN SKS for $75.

any chance a svt40 deal can be worked out? looking to pick one up real soon...
    CSSA member since 2011. CCFR member since Apr. 2016
    check my Youtube videos out at http://www.youtube.com/user/dakotamar

Expired Business
    HARBL THE CAT;
    "John, do you think you could accomodate if we did that? "

Of course we can

John

Expired Business
    EMILIO613;
    "John, how long do you plan on keeping this going? I mean, am I super pressed for time to buy, or can I mull it over for a day or two first?"

We should have enough for a couple of weeks....
    John

CGN Ultra frequent flyer fiddler's Avatar
    Thats an awesome price for a SKS rifle thats never been in service, not to mention the ammo.

If anyone wants an SKS, it don't get no better than this.
    When all else fails, Bark like a dog !

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Petrock's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cornelunc View Post
    If somebody will offer this deal as a private sale on EE almost nobody will have interest
    Private sale on EE can't say that it's a new gun. That would be a lie, it would at least be previously owned if not actually used. They could say "unfired", which wouldn't be the same as new.
    Doesn't matter, anymore. We're only good for filling sandbags for floods and saving people during winter storms. Other-wise we're kicking posts and crazies who are over worked, over taxed, underpaid and never truly appreciated.

John you already sold me the sks... now please send the ammo along.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer #1bcshooter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by emilio613 View Post
    I am SOOO tempted to do this.... I need a crate of 7.62X39, and my buddy is just about to get his PAL and will be needing a new first gun....what better way to celebrate friendship, than to sell your friend a rifle to cover the costs of your ammo purchase!

John, how long do you plan on keeping this going? I mean, am I super pressed for time to buy, or can I mull it over for a day or two first?
    So you want to sell your friend a SKS for $354 & you keep the ammo for free ?

Glad I don't have any friends like you !
    LOL :D
    Pre-orders are horrible for everyone involved. They never go smooth. We will not be doing a pre-order to bankroll this project.

Quote Originally Posted by #1bcshooter View Post
    So you want to sell your friend a SKS for $354 & you keep the ammo for free ?

Glad I don't have any friends like you !
    LOL :D
    hahahahaah I meant sell it to him for like $150-175, cover SOME of the cost (an important word I forgot to include in my post).

However, now that you mention it.... he made me pay for my own Tux for his wedding (I was his best man), so maybe I should return the favour! haha

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Paying for your own Tux is standard,and as his best man you should give him a nice gift ,like an sks that you paid $75. for and he thinks you paid $189.!
    Every guy would want you to be their best man. The Wives,,,not so much!

Maybe you could throw in a $10. toaster to smooth it over with her!

Quote Originally Posted by bobdbldr View Post
    Paying for your own Tux is standard,and as his best man you should give him a nice gift ,like an sks that you paid $75. for and he thinks you paid $189.!
    Every guy would want you to be their best man. The Wives,,,not so much!

Maybe you could throw in a $10. toaster to smooth it over with her!
    LOL @ the toaster... I'll throw in a couple of boxes of ammo "for her", get her hooked on shooting.

Also, strangely, and I seem to agree with this concept: Everyone I have asked has said that, if someone asks you to be best man at the wedding, they are essentially asking you to participate (out of your own free will) in a ceremony THEY want to undertake (not something you are doing for your own benefit), and thus that they are expected to pay for the tux rental since they want you there. (not saying I didn't want to be there, at least at first )

This has been the story I hear from everyone. My mother is a hairstylist and we have asked the majority of her clients, and they all said the same thing: Brides family pays, or the groom pays for his hombres. All my friends have said the same (the ones that participated in weddings). Just saying.....

Nevertheless... I think I'd rather keep the SKS and just get him some nice cutlery. :D