Thread: Thanks for making my crappy day better TSE!!

Thanks for making my crappy day better TSE!!

Yesterday, I went in to wholesale in Calgary to exchange a set of rings for a higher set. I had to basically whistle at someone to get help at the gun counter (even though there were 3 customers including me and 5 sales clerks behind the counter). The clerk who I snagged was an absolute d-bag - turned his back to me and walked away while I was trying to talk to him, treated me like an idiot for the kind of rings I wanted for my 10/22 ('Why would you want those? They're complete ####!'), told me they didn't have a catalog behind the counter when I know damn well they do (had just looked at it the day before). Long story short I took a refund instead of an exchange and walked out fuming. All this over a $26 set of rings.

My buddy Dave who was with me said "F it! Let's go to the shooting edge, James is a good ####, he'll take care of you!" Richard at the sales desk was great to deal with. Even though I was just looking for a cheap set of rings for a .22, he walked me around the aisles and answered questions and tried to help me out. I didn't buy a set of rings, but I did get a bore snake and a brick of .22's - not because I needed them, but because Richard took the time to try to help me and didn't treat me like a nuisance - that's how customer service should work (happy customers buy stuff they don't really need :D). I walked in ticked off and walked out with a smile on my face.

Wholesale Sports is just a blank spot on the map now and TSE has got a customer for life - just wanted to say thanks!

there is no difference in service with the ones here in BC i just recently got back from a trip in kamloops stopped in there for a "SECOND" so i told my girlfriend as she waited in the hot car... i told the guy that i needed 2 measly boxes of cci .22 segregated hollow points 20 minutes later and 2 employees saying they would be back no service ... you could tell the other customer was a friend or someone they at least knew a little ... i spoke quietly but out loud ... wow i wonder what would happen if i hopped the counter and just grabbed them myself they are almost arms width a way ... minus the swearing i might add..... and well this is no different from the location in langley bc as well just idiots that think they know what they are talking about and no one else can be right ... um dude your a child stfu .... i love local shops because they care because they love their job they aren't just some little kid with his first GUN job he just got cuz its cool

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Aniest's Avatar

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by sk8erfinch View Post
    i love local shops because they care because they love their job they aren't just some little kid with his first GUN job he just got cuz its cool
    I love local shops because the owner often is behind the counter: you get good service because the owner cares about having a business that pays the bills, pays the employees and supports the sport. The owner gives you the care and attention you deserve... or sees the employee care for you (or catches them treating you poorly). :D

In the end a lot of big businesses only care about what the shareholders say.
    (excuse to use new emote)
    Check my "Started Threads" for Equipment Exchange ads: https://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum/member.php/76158-Aniest

Yup, the one in Langley is just as bad. Employee's will basically ignore you for 20+ minutes, and some are definitely NOT knowledgeable in common shotgun models and even .22's. Also, if the firearm you are looking for, (either restricted or non-restricted) is not on the shelf, don't even bother asking questions.

Quote Originally Posted by Aniest View Post
    I love local shops because the owner often is behind the counter: you get good service because the owner cares about having a business that pays the bills, pays the employees and supports the sport. The owner gives you the care and attention you deserve...
    AGREED!!! I have adopted a local only policy as well after being treated like s**t by LeBarons one too many times. My local dealer (GunMart Brockville) has now received over 6k of my business, the owner knows me by name and takes his time/goes out of his way to help me meet my shooting needs. I recommend him to everyone I meet and I will never deal with big business again.
    - God created the Earth, Mauser drew the property lines
    - Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
    - Member NFA/CSSA/NRA/RCAF/CPC

CGN Ultra frequent flyer na1lb0hm's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by teller View Post
    AGREED!!! I have adopted a local only policy as well after being treated like s**t by LeBarons one too many times. My local dealer (GunMart Brockville) has now received over 6k of my business, the owner knows me by name and takes his time/goes out of his way to help me meet my shooting needs. I recommend him to everyone I meet and I will never deal with big business again.
    +1
    I dealt with WSS for a while only because a good friend worked there. After he left, I found myself going to a smaller shop, being treated VERY well. I try to shop at the little guys as much as possible.

TSE, I'll admit, the few times I have been there, they have been very busy with people renting. People seem to hold this against them, but it's where they no doubt see the most money. I do not place blame for them prioritizing this. Sure us established firearms might have to wait and fondle some toys we don't really need or can't afford, but as long as we get good service at the end of the day, I'm willing to to wait around and talk myself into a trijicon.

Any owner being behind any counter, IMHO makes the store. They aren't just an employee there for his daily wage, they are there to see it succeed.

The Shooting Edge - CGN Sponsor TSE JR's Avatar
    Guys,

Thank you for the kind words. I do appreciate the support.

I personally try to be here most saturdays to help out, but don't ask me to work the new till! ;-)

On that note: we have installed a new SECOND till to speed up things and have a minimum of 3 people scheduled to work just RETAIL at any given time so the front of the house should not seem so delayed.

Cheers,

JR
    \"J.R."\
    CEO

The Shooting Edge, Target Sports Canada, William Evans