Thread: emailing the last few weeks no reply?

CGN Regular

emailing the last few weeks no reply?

hey there guys Ive been emailing you guys regarding the military discount you were going to put onto my order, filled out the appropriate paper work and forwarded it to you guys.I have also emailed a few times to check up on it to no avail, its definitely been a few weeks, could you guys get back to me

thanks

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Tuco Pike's Avatar
    call them.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuco Pike View Post
    call them.
    It's not the customers fault that the company won't return messages.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer hutchster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 2bad4u2 View Post
    It's not the customers fault that the company won't return messages.
    maybe the company's computer died or maybe their email system screwed up and is sending stuff to the junk bin, either way, if he really wants to get a hold of them, picking up the phone would still be his best bet, they may even appreciate being notified that they may have a system problem.

Quote Originally Posted by hutchster View Post
    maybe the company's computer died or maybe their email system screwed up and is sending stuff to the junk bin, either way, if he really wants to get a hold of them, picking up the phone would still be his best bet, they may even appreciate being notified that they may have a system problem.
    There's nothing wrong with their computer. They simply don't answer e-mails. I know this from first hand experience. Travis isn't great in returning calls either. Tney've had (3) opportunities to sell me guns in the last (5) months and they didn't get the business because they failed to simply follow up on a legitimate sales inquiry.

I'll consider Jo Brook in the future but I'm not confident in their ability to provide the basics in customer service.

Sponsoring Business

Contact info

Following is store contact info,

phone

204-727-3552
    and 204-571-3006

emails

sales@jobrookbrandon.com

Yes , I am real bad for not checing junk mail, and if you cannot get an email return phone is best.

we are real busy most of the time, perhaps in the futur the internet part will have a dedicated staff,

Oh and I do hunt, was out west the last few days enjoying some father /son bowhunting in Alberta, beautiful country and real nice people , everyone gave permisson and cannot wait for next year!

Thanks

Travis

CGN Ultra frequent flyer buffdog's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by idunno1987 View Post
    hey there guys Ive been emailing you guys regarding the military discount you were going to put onto my order, filled out the appropriate paper work and forwarded it to you guys.I have also emailed a few times to check up on it to no avail, its definitely been a few weeks, could you guys get back to me

thanks
    Personally, I would have thought that if you are not getting responses to your e-mails, another e-mail is not going to help.

1-It is a very easy and simple thing to pick up the phone and call someone.

2-Get the name of the person you talk to and WRITE it down, along with the date and time.

3-State the problem clearly. If that person can not give a satisfactory answer, ask for someone who can.

4-Get a commitment. If something is not available, or an answer can not immediately be made, get the person you talk to to commit to calling you back with an answer. When, and what time?

5-Be calm, courteous, yet firm.
    Be Warned! If you bother me, I can make it to the front gate in 3.2 seconds. Can you do it in 3.1?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer trebor2880's Avatar
    Don't count on gettig a response to an e-mail, any time soon, if ever, from most companies. It's just not a priority for them. Phone 'em.

Sponsoring Business

Emails

Yes

Best way is to phone, especially when shops are in the busy season, which has been since febuary.

Emails do get miss directed, either to junk mail, or in my case i often miss them, or read with intentions of taking time to get back and sometimes the email gets moved down the page . I know that when i dont get a chance to email everyday , i often face 50 to 100 emails, I try my best to get to them, most do get answered, sometimes not always in time.

I know other shops are in the same boat or worse, some day i will have a dedicated staff for this area, I have many suppliers that i deal with that simply dont get back, you would be very surprized !

Cheers

Travis

Does your military discount apply to veterans? I just got out of the army a month ago..