Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Thureon Defense Previews

Hmmm 45acp and non-res, AND (hopefully, based on US pricing) affordable? this may be up my alley... we'll have to wait and see!

Just had the carbine out again yesterday and I shot 300 rounds of winchester white box, no problems whatsoever. This carbine is a pleasure to shoot. I will be buying another in .45 when they come in.
    Send Lawyers, Guns and Money

We're not the public service of Canada, we're not just another department. We are the Canadian Forces, and our job is to be able to kill people.
    - Jul 2005
    - Gen Hillier, Chief of the Defence Staff

كافر

CGN Ultra frequent flyer fat tony's Avatar
    a forward observation post in the L-F-H horizon, or Nova Scotia
    Price below.
    Last edited by dangertree; 09-11-2011 at 10:12 PM.

Nice to see things are finally moving on these!
    Thank-you. I agree.

Quote Originally Posted by SCDL View Post
    Just to confirm: It is the lower receiver that is the "firearm", correct?
    The lower receiver is the serialized part.

They look pretty neat. What calibres? Their website said 9mm & 45, is that what you are bringing in as well?
    9mm currently. .45 will follow. Our .45ACP barrels are purchased and in the queue.

Nice. I'm interested in one of these for sure. What is the price range for them? When do you expect to stock them?
    Thanks!

Prices range from $860-$995 depending on config. They will be on dealer shelves this month.

I would like one as they look like a competent machinist/engineer designed them, but not really holding my breath. . . I will wait to see what Canadian shooters have to say about them after a few years. Best regards all.
    TD is an offshoot from Sunny Hill, manufacturer of high quality rifle floor plates for 20 years. As a matter of fact, when I first started working with Andy at Sunny Hill, the firearm was simply called the Sunny Hill Carbine. Well known for their quality among custom rifle builders, the Thureon Defence line of firearms doesn't deviate. If you've only seen pics you will be pleased when you encounter this carbine 'in the flesh'. It is a fine piece. I encourage anyone to look into the company's work. Hope to hear you like yours in the future.

From Sunny Hill's website... again, in relation to floor plates, but does give some context to what they're up to.

Sunny Hill Enterprises is the nation's leading provider of trigger guard assemblies and gun parts for the custom rifle market. With time-tested design, unmatched quality, and unparalleled fit and finish, components manufactured by Sunny Hill are certain to satisfy even the most discerning customer. Using state-of-the-art CAD/CAM technology, high precision machinery, and innovative fixture design, we are able to produce consistent, high quality parts.

But technology is only a part of the story. Situated in the heart of the country, Sunny Hill is able to draw from a well-trained and motivated work force. This resource enables us to hire technicians who are capable of holding the exacting tolerances we require. All of the parts are machined from bar stock, and the larger components are normalized to eliminate warping during the machining process.

While it may be possible to make the parts faster and cheaper, we have found it impossible to improve upon the touch of skilled craftsmen. All of the fitting and polishing is done by hand. Their dedication to detail shows in each piece we sell. All of the high tech, close-tolerance, hands-on hype is worthless if you can never get the parts! We have the largest inventory of custom bottom metal in the nation, and can usually fill your order the very same day you place it.

Try our parts for yourself. Hear the vault-like sound as the floorplate snaps shut. See what nearly 20 years of experience has taught us. Then you will know why we are called "The Bottom Metal People".
    Cheers.
    Last edited by dangertree; 09-11-2011 at 10:59 PM.

Please Email instead of CGN Private Message for AEI business.

Arms East's Online Shopping
    CGN AEI Forum

info@armseast.com

SALES: 844-579-0007
    Please Email instead of CGN Private Message for AEI business.

Is the magazine in the pictures the one that comes with it? Sorry if it sounds like a stupid question but i was told they only came with the smaller magazines right now in Canada.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by dangertree View Post
    The lower receiver is the serialized part.
    I was hoping you would say that! :D

How are the barrels attached to the receiver? If these become popular, a less-ugly aftermarket upper would be a good project. Some larger rounds and fillets, a lower rail, maybe change the shape of the ejection port a bit...
    If you're going through hell, keep going.

Quote Originally Posted by titan1 View Post
    Is the magazine in the pictures the one that comes with it? Sorry if it sounds like a stupid question but i was told they only came with the smaller magazines right now in Canada.
    perhaps a 1/5 round magazine painted blaze orange? :D *joking

Although it clearly shows a pistol version, so I guess that would mean they want to sell a lot of the carbines in Cali. It was nice of them to make us a long barrel though. Often I have found our American cousins are not so interested in making sales up here.

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by fat tony View Post
    perhaps a 1/5 round magazine painted blaze orange? :D *joking

Although it clearly shows a pistol version, so I guess that would mean they want to sell a lot of the carbines in Cali. It was nice of them to make us a long barrel though. Often I have found our American cousins are not so interested in making sales up here.
    I think what he's asking is "do the 5/32rd Uzi mags come with it, or are they atleast available to buy seperately?".

I beleive the carbine comes with a (short) 10rd pistol mag, but would also like to know if the 32rd ones are available..?

And what modifications to an original Uzi mag need to be made in order for it to work in the Thureon?

That is, if a person could source other 5/32rd Uzi mags that didn't come from Thureon.

They offer a magazine modification service - don't know if this applies to our Canadian mostly air magazines.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12