Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My shotgun re-invented - Thanks Cobra!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer BabySeal's Avatar

My shotgun re-invented - Thanks Cobra!

Some time ago I bought a Dominion Arms Backpacker. Like many, I scoffed at the tiny single shot 12ga and its ~$150 price tag, but at that price, I figured it was worth a shot. The gun quickly proved to be well worth the money because it is light, shoots well and is stupid simple to use.

I liked it so much that I decided to have a choke installed in it. I picked up a .22 adapter for it too. Despite it's 13" barrel, it is a mean critter killer with the full choke installed. I got more gophers with this gun than with my .22 one year! That led to the purchase of a sight for the gun as well. I ended up shooting the gun so much that I even went through the trouble of finding a limbsaver pad that fits the gun. If you can believe it, I even sold my 870 at this point!

The romance with this gun had left it a bit worse for wear though. It was looking pretty ratty. I tried refinishing the wood myself, but I was unable to do a very good job. And that is a polite way of saying I made the wood look even worse!

Thats where Cobra imaging comes in! I sent them my shotgun a couple weeks ago for an ATACS camo treatment. I am thrilled at what I have gotten back. This gun is truely reinvented.

Thank you Cobra Imaging for a job well done.

so i guess it would be safe to say you like your back packer then? :D congrats though one great looking gun

CGN Ultra frequent flyer mwjones's Avatar
    Lol I like the rail I have an old IGA backpacker in .410 that needs one of those... Replaced the bead with a "custom" (read: machine screw ground into a bead profile) one that sits about a half inch above the barrel, and it still shoots 3 feet high

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Dexter Morgan's Avatar
    That looks awesome.

What kind of sights are those?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer luke s's Avatar
    As soon as can-ammo has more in I am picking one up for sure and thinking about getting a few adapters as well. Who is the adapter made by/where did you get it?

I can not remember the manufacturer if the sight. It is quite good though and comes with a number of different colored inserts for the front and rear.

Come to think of it, I cannot remember where I got the adapter from either! No am batting a thousand here. I bet if you googled 12 ga adapters you would see the website. Maybe you could find a thread on here about them. I remember talking about it a while back.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer luke s's Avatar
    for the adapters, I know there is dina arms corp - They are rifled but made out of "high tolerance machined metal converter" (WHATEVER THAT MEANS - Aluminum??) so not sure how well those will hold up.

and then there is short lane arms - Not rifled but made from "carbon steel"

I am interested in these for some extra versatility, but want to get some reviews before I buy. How accurate is the adapter?

wooahh that is nice!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer pres717's Avatar
    Very nice!
    "I like guns, I like the way they look,
    I like the shiny steel and the polished wood.
    I don´t care if they´re big or small,
    if they´re for sale, hell, I want´em all!
    I like guns, I like guns, I like guns!"
    (Steve Lee)

Quote Originally Posted by luke s View Post
    for the adapters, I know there is dina arms corp - They are rifled but made out of "high tolerance machined metal converter" (WHATEVER THAT MEANS - Aluminum??) so not sure how well those will hold up.

and then there is short lane arms - Not rifled but made from "carbon steel"

I am interested in these for some extra versatility, but want to get some reviews before I buy. How accurate is the adapter?
    Mine is a short aluminum one. It is rifled, but not very accurate. Mostly that is because of the sights. You should have seen my shooting with just the bead though! Good enough to pop a gopher from 25 feet, and it is very quiet compared to a .22 rifle.

There is no extractor/ejector on it though, so after the first couple shots, you need something to get the empty out of the adapter.

I have a .22 barrel liner and have been meaning to extend the adapter, but havent gotten around to it yet. Maybe a project for this week now that the gun is back...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast