$vboptions[bbtitle]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CMMG Stainless Steel .22LR Conversion with 26rnd Mag

CMMG Stainless Steel .22LR Conversion with 26rnd Mag

I'd like to try this product... but would like to know how it would be for the NORINCO CQ-A. I was reading the downside of 22LR conversion kit of this type for ARs....
    "There is a few down sides to using the drop in kits. The bullet must travel a few inches in an unrifled tube before it reaches the barrel. The barrels on most AR type rifles will typically have a twist rate that is optimized for the 5.56 Nato (.223) with a 1:7"- 1:9" barrel twist rate and not the 1:16" that works well with .22 long rifle. There is also a few thousandths of an inch difference in the bullets diameter of .22LR (.222) vs 5.56 Nato (.224). Those differences can lead to less then match grade accuracy in an AR15 but the accuracy is perfectly suited for plinking. If that accuracy is not suitable you can purchase a complete .22 long rifle upper."

Any advice?

it works fine, not like you can hunt with it so if it[s not perfect it doesn[t matter

HELP! I sold my soul to the internet CanadianReich's Avatar
    any reviews on this? ppl who bought it and fired X million rounds..... good on all types of ammo, jam at all?

mags good quality?

fit all AR15 platform guns (such as norinco m4 carbine..)

curious
    "law abiding gun owner": AKA harmless, non criminal, non violent, non wife-beating, peace-loving yet opinionated and political member of Canadian society who happens to like hunting, sport shooting, and basic rights and freedoms.

I've had one for a while...used in in 16" and 10" barrel rifles. Flawless function! Even works with Remingtin sub-sonics (..nice and quiet...)

Can also use the Black Dog Machine 50rd drum.

I can recommend it!

Quote Originally Posted by Tyroma View Post
    I've had one for a while...used in in 16" and 10" barrel rifles. Flawless function! Even works with Remingtin sub-sonics (..nice and quiet...)

Can also use the Black Dog Machine 50rd drum.

I can recommend it!
    any chance the RCMP will reclassify this as "restricted" as it can fit into a LAR15 (handgun)?

I'd hate to buy something just so the RCMP could render it useless to me without offering compensation.

Also, do you have a link for this Black Dog Machine 50rd drum? I assume it is custom made a particular type of gun...what type? SW MP 15 22? 10/22? If so, can any old 10/22 mag fit?
    "law abiding gun owner": AKA harmless, non criminal, non violent, non wife-beating, peace-loving yet opinionated and political member of Canadian society who happens to like hunting, sport shooting, and basic rights and freedoms.

Quote Originally Posted by CanadianReich View Post
    any chance the RCMP will reclassify this as "restricted" as it can fit into a LAR15 (handgun)?

I'd hate to buy something just so the RCMP could render it useless to me without offering compensation.

Also, do you have a link for this Black Dog Machine 50rd drum? I assume it is custom made a particular type of gun...what type? SW MP 15 22? 10/22? If so, can any old 10/22 mag fit?
    It won't change the classification of the gun you put it into...the kit utself is NOT a firearm.

As for the drum mag, you need one specifically deigned to use in ar kits. The s&w mags are different, and are not interchangible. 10/22 mags will also not work. As for the mag, just do a search for black dog machine on google. It is not a restricted, prohibited or regulated device, do must shippers in the US will ship.

Ty

HELP! I sold my soul to the internet Colin's Avatar
    works great in my Nork AR
    People should not have to fear both the government and the criminal. It should be that the criminal fears both the people and the government.

Please review forum rules, 13 and 25:

http://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum/faq.php?faq=new_faq_item#faq_cgn_general_rules

Quote Originally Posted by Tyroma View Post
    It won't change the classification of the gun you put it into...the kit utself is NOT a firearm.

As for the drum mag, you need one specifically deigned to use in ar kits. The s&w mags are different, and are not interchangible. 10/22 mags will also not work. As for the mag, just do a search for black dog machine on google. It is not a restricted, prohibited or regulated device, do must shippers in the US will ship.

Ty
    damn.

an ar15 with a 50 round drum....

drool

thanks

Get the black dog...NOT the butler creek...I have tried both, And found that the black dog is FAR easier to load and use!

Question CMMG AR 22 LR Conversion Kits

Does anyone know where I can buy a CMMG AR 22 LR Conversion Kit in Canada, they don't ship to Canada from their website and the shops I've tried don't carry the product.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast