Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: SW M&P .22 25 round mag issue

CGN frequent flyer BlaqueJacqueShallaque's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by #1bcshooter View Post
    How hard can it be to drill a small hole & insert a roll pin !
    LOL
    Will the RCMP accept that? Will they want you to take this somewhere to confirm it? Inquiring minds...

Fixing the mag yourself was not one of the options offeredin the letter we are receiving. I suspect that doing it yourself would be little better than detroying it in terms of getting them to leave you alone.
    Member: CSSA NFA CPC

CGN Ultra frequent flyer #1bcshooter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BlaqueJacqueShallaque View Post
    Will the RCMP accept that? Will they want you to take this somewhere to confirm it? Inquiring minds...

Fixing the mag yourself was not one of the options offeredin the letter we are receiving. I suspect that doing it yourself would be little better than detroying it in terms of getting them to leave you alone.
    My Chiappa M-four came from the dealer with the 28 rnd mag with a pin through it to stop the follower at 10 rnds .
    Thankfully the Chiappa takes standard Black Dog mags so the OEM mag won't see much use once they show up :D
    Pre-orders are horrible for everyone involved. They never go smooth. We will not be doing a pre-order to bankroll this project.

so I am sort of freaking out, I turned mine in months ago at the store I bought the AR15-22 and traded them for 10 rounders and I don't have a receipt. The store was sending them out to be converted....so now what?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Tuco Pike's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NoDanger View Post
    so I am sort of freaking out, I turned mine in months ago at the store I bought the AR15-22 and traded them for 10 rounders and I don't have a receipt. The store was sending them out to be converted....so now what?
    So??? Get a receipt from the store regarding the 10 round mags you purchased (you purchased them through trading other mags for them, still a purchase).

Quote Originally Posted by Tuco Pike View Post
    So??? Get a receipt from the store regarding the 10 round mags you purchased (you purchased them through trading other mags for them, still a purchase).
    Yes, that is the obvious answer, but in the letter from the horsemen, it says "Exchange the 25-shot magazine for a 10-shot magazine at a business that is licensed to possess and acquire prohibited devices"....so what if that business is not licensed to possess and acquire prohibited devices? I don't want to start a #### storm since they have always been good to me....but I don't want got get my own ass in trouble neither...

CGN Ultra frequent flyer #1bcshooter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NoDanger View Post
    Yes, that is the obvious answer, but in the letter from the horsemen, it says "Exchange the 25-shot magazine for a 10-shot magazine at a business that is licensed to possess and acquire prohibited devices"....so what if that business is not licensed to possess and acquire prohibited devices? I don't want to start a s**t storm since they have always been good to me....but I don't want got get my own ass in trouble neither...
    Obviously you exchanged them before this letter arrived so not your problem
    Pre-orders are horrible for everyone involved. They never go smooth. We will not be doing a pre-order to bankroll this project.

Everyone should notify their MP especially in Conservative ridings and perhaps the CSSA could coordinate a strategic media press release

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Dexter Morgan's Avatar
    Is there an aftermarket high-capacity magazine that works in the MP-22, without breaking any laws?

As long as the magazine is labeled as a rimfire rifle magazine, it should be all good.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Tuco Pike's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dexter Morgan View Post
    Is there an aftermarket high-capacity magazine that works in the MP-22, without breaking any laws?

As long as the magazine is labeled as a rimfire rifle magazine, it should be all good.
    No, there are aftermarket NORMAL capacity magazines, whose normal capacity range from 30 to 100 rounds I believe (check with Questar). And labeled as a rimfire magazine is NOT good. The magazines in question are labeled as rimfire, it is because S&W marketed it for both the pistol and rifle version. Damn the firearms act, and those that implemented it.

mp 15/22 magazines

Quote Originally Posted by Dexter Morgan View Post

Blackdog makes a 50rd drum magazine. Questar has them in stock.
    Ordered one today.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast