Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: SW M&P .22 25 round mag issue

I have called them three times now, and each time I got a different answer. I pinned my magazines myself weeks ago with a couple of pop-rivits, before I even knew I was going to be recieving registered mail (Which actually was brought over to my by the tenant that lives in the house on the front of my property. He signed for it... But thats a Canada Post rant.) telling me that I need to.

First call I was told that I needed to send them to a verifier... None in my area I told him. "Gun shop, then." He says. Again, none in my area. "Shooting range." he says. Yep, one in my area. "What am I supposed to do there?" I asked. "Get the verifier to look at it." At the range? What?!? Maybe I go to uncivilized shooting club, but we don't have an ON STAFF verifier. We don't have STAFF period! He seemed oblivious to any problem here, and told me to call him back for a fax number to get the verifier to send it to. Thats right folks... Call him back for the number. I hung up.

Second call (To get the fax number) I got a nice lady who told me to turn them in to North Sylva or the RCMP. Those were my only options. She also implied that I needed to do it soon, before anything "Happened". Did I just get threatened?

Third call I was told that I needed to see a GUNSMITH so that he could re-pin them and then I needed to see a verifier IN PERSON so that he could confirm my ID and send a form off to CFC and Get this: My Local RCMP Detachment!!!!

At this point I started looking for a verifier. Still looking.

So many questions come up, a lot of them have already been voiced except: How do they know how many mags I actually have? Couldn't someone less honest than myself just take the in-box original mag only and put it through this process? It would stop them from checking to see if they had anymore, nyet? Not that the others would not be pinned, just not put through the extra financial outlay.

Short answer is: They don't know how many are out there or who has them. Period. They can only threaten people with legal action.

Having said that, I have a young family, a new business, a mortgage (obligations like anyone else) and I just cannot risk the grief/expense that may come if I were caught with a prohibited device. Think about it, the humiliation of arrest, time spent at court, expenses direct and indirect, loss of income, confiscation of firearms, ammo, and accessories, the indignity of having your home "tossed". It'd be a $hit$torm!

If I claim to be law-abiding then I MUST obey the law whether it is right or wrong in our opinions. However, this is NOT capitulation. I am determined to continue to change laws so that all this nonsense of mag. restrictions, SAPs, ATTs, 12.X, and much more is done away with.

The fear and loathing they heap upon us is a confirmation of the righteousness of our beliefs and values. If we are to succeed we must fight bad laws by working to change them NOT by just ignoring them at the risk of becoming the object of our own contempt--lawless criminals.
    Self Defense is a HUMAN right!

Proud member of CSSA
    Proud member of CCFR
    Proud member of NRA

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Canuck44's Avatar
    I know this maybe stating the obvious but why doesn't S&W sell mags for this gun marked specifically "Rifle Mags". AR mags marked "Pistol" go to 10 rounds. It seems to me if it works one way it should work the other.

Take Care

Bob
    A recent study has shown 1 out of 3 liberals are as stupid as the other 2.
    "If the human population held hands around the equator, a significant portion of them would drown"

Suffer the fools with grace...God made enough of them

I got the letter monday evening "wife signed for it", sent my info to North Silva via email at 9pm got reply from them at 8am next morning, had return autorization number at 8:45 am sent mag's via courier at 9 am sould have them back next week hopefully. No big deal it has to be done nobody want the cops at their house for a stupid thing like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Canuck44 View Post
    I know this maybe stating the obvious but why doesn't S&W sell mags for this gun marked specifically "Rifle Mags". AR mags marked "Pistol" go to 10 rounds. It seems to me if it works one way it should work the other.

Take Care

Bob
    The only problem with that plan is that S&W most likely doesn't give a crap.

Why doesn't someone ask Black Dog Machine LLC to make up a generic rifle-only magazine? Are there patent issues or perhaps just not worth the bother, business-wise?
    Self Defense is a HUMAN right!

Proud member of CSSA
    Proud member of CCFR
    Proud member of NRA

Got my pinned mags from north sylva today. Great people, great service and they are working hard to help us clear this up.

Thanks guys!

what you guys did with North Sylva? You bought the rifle with mags unpinned??

I bought mine and they are pinned already. I still got the letter though.

CGN Regular TacticalTrunkMonkey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bacardi View Post
    what you guys did with North Sylva? You bought the rifle with mags unpinned??

I bought mine and they are pinned already. I still got the letter though.
    When we bought our rifle and additional mags they were legal to own at 25 rounds.

Sent another email to the CFP and they said they would forward it to the proper department, hopefully I'll just get told to get them verified once home -.-

Quote Originally Posted by TacticalTrunkMonkey View Post
    When we bought our rifle and additional mags they were legal to own at 25 rounds.

Sent another email to the CFP and they said they would forward it to the proper department, hopefully I'll just get told to get them verified once home -.-

which email did you use? i have 10 round shorty mags.