Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112 LastLast

Thread: SW M&P .22 25 round mag issue

everyone knows that .22LR bullets are WAY more dangerous when they come out of a scary looking rifle... And with that extra 15 rounds in between mag changes you could take over the whole country!

Please get your mags pinned so I can sleep at night knowing the gov't is keeping me safe, by having criminals like you from having access to these highly illegal weapon systems.

CGN Regular
    anyone found out if the 50 round drum mags are banned as well ?? did a search for it but couldnt find anything

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Tuco Pike's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by EvaCorp View Post
    anyone found out if the 50 round drum mags are banned as well ?? did a search for it but couldnt find anything
    That's because either:

a) they are not banned and someone made an error or

b) they are banned but no one is being notified so they can catch you with a prohibited device and seize all your guns.

Quote Originally Posted by s3xspert11 View Post
    i was told by a fellow over the phone when i called the cfc that it's perfectly fine to have the 25 round mags as long as you didnt put it in the pistol version therefore making it prohib, but hey each to thier own.
    Huge Fail.

Unless you got an official letter, with what the guy on the phone told you... that is big-time misinformation.

Rule#1: Don't pay attention to what the CFC person on the phone says with regards to laws.

I've called the CFC three times in 1 day and gotten 3 completely different answers. They don't know their heads from their asses. They are good at taking information though and processing transfers. That's it.

to many people get burned by listening to phone call information recieved.... calling the CFC is like calling pizza pizza trying to find out where your XL pepp and cheese is? it goes to someone sitting behind a desk who has been playing solitaire for the last 4 hours... and they are gunna refer to their "new hire" pamphlet for any facts they provide... I suspect few even own firearms let alone know anything about the laws. Dont get burned by the telephone game!!!!
    Μυρμιδόνες

Quote Originally Posted by Tuco Pike View Post
    Is this still not Canada? Innocent until proven guilty. If the word of a law abiding Canadian Citizen is not good enough for them, then we have a lot more problems then this mag issue, the provincial election and anything else. At some point, we will have to take back our Canada, I just hope there is something worthwhile left to reclaim.

This among many other things is the reason why the whole Firearms Act must be thrown out.
    As well put as can be!!! Speak up and defend your rights or be complacent and just bend over and bear it!!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Canuck44's Avatar
    Why the RCMP didn't just prohib the pistol version which would have effectively banned the importation of the gun into Canada and left the rifle version alone is beyond me. I am trying to figure out what you could use the .22LR pistol version for and can't think of a reason. You can put 50 rounds in a Mossberg copy of the AR in .22lr yet only 10 in the S&W...just dumb. The guns are virtually identical.

For the record has any of the .22lr pistol versions of the S&W ever entered Canada?

Take care

Bob
    A recent study has shown 1 out of 3 liberals are as stupid as the other 2.

Its been months since I bought the book, "How to scam people online". It still has not arrived yet!

CGN Regular
    Someone should post a video on youtube showing one of these being pinned. For everyone else's reference.

I'm sure many would appreciate getting a chance to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Canuck44 View Post
    You can put 50 rounds in a Mossberg copy of the AR in .22lr yet only 10 in the S&W...just dumb. The guns are virtually identical.
    No, not entirely true actually. My S&W15-22 has fully functional AR controls (other than forward assist) which the Mossberg does not. It also uses the same trigger group as a "full size" AR.

They are exactly the same in operation though, both blowback operated and nothing like the locking bolt gas-operated AR.

My guess is that the S&W hit the restricted list because of interchangeable parts even though it could never fire anything but a .22LR round. It would be nice to have that changed though!

Quote Originally Posted by Canuck44 View Post
    You can put 50 rounds in a Mossberg copy of the AR in .22lr yet only 10 in the S&W...just dumb.
    Do they actually make those, or are you just proving the point that it WOULD be legal if someone wanted to make them?