Page 1 of 12 12345678911 ... LastLast

Thread: SW M&P .22 25 round mag issue

CGN frequent flyer BlaqueJacqueShallaque's Avatar

SW M&P .22 25 round mag issue

As I'm sure you're aware people who bought the SW M&P .22 in the last year got a 25 round mag which is now prohib and the RCMP is going after these mags actively.

North Silva apparently is willing to alter, or replace the mag to a 10 round capacity, and the RCMP has indicated that this is one way we can deal with the problem.

I am sure there will be other interested people - can you provide us with the details?

What shipping address?
    Do you provide documentation that we have turned in our mag which will satisfy the RCMP, or do you contact them?
    etc

Thank you.
    Member: CSSA NFA CPC

CGN Regular
    i was told by a fellow over the phone when i called the cfc that it's perfectly fine to have the 25 round mags as long as you didnt put it in the pistol version therefore making it prohib, but hey each to thier own.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Ar180shooter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by s3xspert11 View Post
    i was told by a fellow over the phone when i called the cfc that it's perfectly fine to have the 25 round mags as long as you didnt put it in the pistol version therefore making it prohib, but hey each to thier own.
    I don't believe that is correct. The 25 round magazine is itself a prohibited device as it was designed to be used in a pistol. It doesn't matter if it has ever actually been used in a pistol or not.

Quote Originally Posted by CFP Special Bulletin for Businesses No. 72
    1. Magazines designed or manufactured for both rimfire calibre rifles and handguns

Magazines designed to contain rimfire cartridges and designed or manufactured for use in a rifle do not have a regulated capacity. However, magazines designed to contain rimfire cartridges and designed or manufactured for use in a semiautomatic handgun are limited to 10 cartridges. Magazines designed or manufactured for use in both rifles and semiautomatic handguns are subject to the handgun limit of 10 cartridges.

Example:
    Smith & Wesson M&P 15-22 rifle and 15-22P pistol chambered for 22LR caliber:

the 10 round magazine is unregulated
    the 25 round magazine is a prohibited device
    "If everybody you meet is an a$shole, then you're probably the problem, not them."

CGN frequent flyer
    I received a notice from the RCMP that I was noted to have ownership of this rifle, and therefore, at least one of these (25 round M&P 15-22 magazine), and I had three choices:
    1) Have North Silva alter them to take only 10 rounds
    2) Exchange the 25 rounders for 10 rounders at " a business that is licensed to possess and acquire prohibited devices
    3) Surrender the magazine to the police for disposal
    I tried calling North Silva to see how to go about sending in my mags for conversion, but only got voice mail, and emails wouldn't go through!
    I am to advise the CFP withing 40 days (dated from Sept.6/11..received Sept.14/11)
    which option I was going to pursue.
    If I don't respond within that time period, "the matter will be referred to your local law enforcement agency."
    Stay tuned for the next thrilling installment of "Bloated, Renegade Federal Agency Upholding Arcane and Antiquated Regulations by Bullying Innocent, Law Abiding Gun Owner"....it's going to be a 'cliff-hanger... nail-biter'.....Fo shizel!
    Cheap, quick, and good...you can only have two!

CGN frequent flyer
    Dbltap
    Cheap, quick, and good...you can only have two!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Tuco Pike's Avatar
    4) I have decided to melt the magazine in a campfire.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Hokus Grey's Avatar
    I turned all mine into folk art and sold them for millions.
    #BeLoveCreateProtect

CGN frequent flyer BlaqueJacqueShallaque's Avatar
    It seems completely clear that the 25 rnd mag is prohib now. People are getting registered mail from the RCMP exactly as stated by foxbat. Myself included.

As per the discussions elsewhere on this forum, destroying the mag yourself is probably a mistake, as you have no proof that you destroyed it. If you don't want the RCMP on your back, it seems that you need documentation that the mag was disposed of in one of the 3 ways noted above.

As for option 3: I really don't want to be going down to my local police division and having this discussion with them.

As for option 2: the store that sold me this gun "knows nothing" about how to deal with the matter and referred me to North Silva.

So here we are...
    Member: CSSA NFA CPC

CGN Ultra frequent flyer #1bcshooter's Avatar
    How hard can it be to drill a small hole & insert a roll pin !
    LOL
    Pre-orders are horrible for everyone involved. They never go smooth. We will not be doing a pre-order to bankroll this project.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Tuco Pike's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BlaqueJacqueShallaque View Post
    As per the discussions elsewhere on this forum, destroying the mag yourself is probably a mistake, as you have no proof that you destroyed it. If you don't want the RCMP on your back, it seems that you need documentation that the mag was disposed of in one of the 3 ways noted above.
    Is this still not Canada? Innocent until proven guilty. If the word of a law abiding Canadian Citizen is not good enough for them, then we have a lot more problems then this mag issue, the provincial election and anything else. At some point, we will have to take back our Canada, I just hope there is something worthwhile left to reclaim.

This among many other things is the reason why the whole Firearms Act must be thrown out.

Page 1 of 12 12345678911 ... LastLast