Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2456789101112

Thread: SW M&P .22 25 round mag issue

BANNED
    this story is a real pain in ... i sold mine and bought a Scar ISSC non restricted and everything is fine !!

Quote Originally Posted by s3xspert11 View Post
    i was told by a fellow over the phone
    Unfortunately this wouldn't fly in court... it's also a well known fact that the "phone-people" often don't know their heads from their asses with regards to Canadian Firearm Law.

I was told 3 different things in relation to a matter I had from 3 different phone-people on the same day (regarding OAL, barrel length and Flash Hiders).

Sending this information a bit everywhere, hope to see a distributor taking action.

I have talked with Rita a fire technician from GRC today witch was reffered to me by another tech over there. She looks like she knew much about what happen and the way to resolve this. I asked her if someone would release a mag saying carbine magazine on it like the lar15 if this could then be approved. Her response was that if that ever happens then they might do the same rulling as the lar mag and reverse their decision on that specific mag. Also i asked her why if the pistol never got imported they keep that rule, her response is by the law once a pistol starts existing even if it never gets out to Canada the rules apply...
    Just does not make any sens

Anyway I have then called Black Dog to try to speak to the owner. After going around I finally got someone that told me is name and that he will be back from Alaska on the 24th. Is name is Kevin and I will give him a call to check if there is any possibility that he could produce a 25 round mag writen carbine magazine.

Maybe one day will be able to get back some 25 mag. Until then Ill do my best to help that cause..

------------
    Response:

I was finally able to talk with the owner from Black Dog. He was not aware that by printing rifle magazine on the 25 round, they could become legal once again. He will be checking closer with Questar and RCMP to make sure that this information is correct and maybe we will see some getting produced shortly...

^ great initiative - lets hope something comes of it!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mcfly50 View Post
    Sending this information a bit everywhere, hope to see a distributor taking action.

I have talked with Rita a fire technician from GRC today witch was reffered to me by another tech over there. She looks like she knew much about what happen and the way to resolve this. I asked her if someone would release a mag saying carbine magazine on it like the lar15 if this could then be approved. Her response was that if that ever happens then they might do the same rulling as the lar mag and reverse their decision on that specific mag. Also i asked her why if the pistol never got imported they keep that rule, her response is by the law once a pistol starts existing even if it never gets out to Canada the rules apply...
    Just does not make any sens

Anyway I have then called Black Dog to try to speak to the owner. After going around I finally got someone that told me is name and that he will be back from Alaska on the 24th. Is name is Kevin and I will give him a call to check if there is any possibility that he could produce a 25 round mag writen carbine magazine.

Maybe one day will be able to get back some 25 mag. Until then Ill do my best to help that cause..

------------
    Response:

I was finally able to talk with the owner from Black Dog. He was not aware that by printing rifle magazine on the 25 round, they could become legal once again. He will be checking closer with Questar and RCMP to make sure that this information is correct and maybe we will see some getting produced shortly...
    Yup, We should get him to make some 5 round 458 socom mags and print it on them. Should be good for about 15-20 556 whoops I mean 223 rounds!

Happy New Year toall!!!

I hope someone will reply on this.

I just got into Chiappa M-four 22LR GenII Pro Series Upper. I put it on top of my Norc lower receiver. With the complete upper were 2 pcs Chiappa Mags pinned to 10 rds.
    I saw an add from CTCSupplies.ca about a cmmg 22LR mags in 25 rounds. According to Phil of CTC, this is legal here in Canada. Any opinion, knowledge and experience about this?

Thank you.

Jikatoki

CGN Ultra frequent flyer tharkhold's Avatar
    They are since there is no "CMMG .22LR" pistol... same with the Colt M4-22 mags...
    'nada

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2456789101112