Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Gun Broker

The Gun Broker

Anyone know if there's any way for a Canadian Citizen to legally use and order firearms of off gunbroker.com while living in Canada?
    'I like guns, I like the way they look.
    I like the polished steel and the shiny wood.
    I don't care if they're big or small,
    if they're for sale, hell I want 'em all.
    I like guns, I like guns, I like guns!' ~Steve Lee

Yes, have a licensed exporter in the US with a federal firearms license (FFL) accept the transfer on your behalf and export it for you. Basically, call them up and ask if they export and what their fee is. Pay the fee, they will fax a copy of their FFL to the seller who will ship it to them. They will transfer it (via export) to you.

Many gun shops near the border deal with Canadians on a regular basis and have registered as exporters or retain the services of licensed exporters. I have heard stories of shop owners simply driving the firearm to the border, meeting you at the CBSA office and handing it over in person.

As someone who holds US citizenship, I get a once-in-a-lifetime-ITAR-don't-count-so-you-can-roll-your-own export. I'm saving that for something worthwhile like an Anschutz target rifle or something similar where the savings of buying in the US could be thousands of dollars. That process however takes gobs of time but surprisingly no cost.

P

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Brordo's Avatar
    μολὼν λαβέ

BANNED
    Agreed...talk to clay at prophet river...

Ah, thank you everyone.
    And to Pubb, hope the Anschutz buy works out for you.
    'I like guns, I like the way they look.
    I like the polished steel and the shiny wood.
    I don't care if they're big or small,
    if they're for sale, hell I want 'em all.
    I like guns, I like guns, I like guns!' ~Steve Lee

Toronto - Silverdale Gun Club & Target Sports Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by pubb View Post
    As someone who holds US citizenship, I get a once-in-a-lifetime-ITAR-don't-count-so-you-can-roll-your-own export. I'm saving that for something worthwhile like an Anschutz target rifle or something similar where the savings of buying in the US could be thousands of dollars. That process however takes gobs of time but surprisingly no cost. P
    like that part

Can you name some of the stores near the border that can help get us some firearms?

I know Buffalo gun center will export to Canada. I've heard mixed reviews about their in-store service, particularly to people they think are just window shopping and wasting their time. They're actually one of the shops which will drive the gun to the border and meet you there.

If you're having it shipped, any exporter can handle that for you. Gunbroker has a page of licensed exporters. Questar is one of them, so you might try seeing if they'll broker the exchange for you.

I'll start a thread in the 'legal' forum for dual citizens who want to use their freebie export.

P
    Quote Originally Posted by alpha niner View Post
    like that part

Can you name some of the stores near the border that can help get us some firearms?

Does anyone know if there are any problems with buying gun parts off Gunbroker if you live in Canada? Not receivers, but internal parts, slides etc.
    CPC, NFA & NRA Member.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by BR427 View Post
    Does anyone know if there are any problems with buying gun parts off Gunbroker if you live in Canada? Not receivers, but internal parts, slides etc.
    Depends if they fall under ITAR controls if they do they must be shipped by a licensed exporter even if they fall under the $100 exemption.

How would you be able to find out if the parts were under ITAR control? Thanks.
    CPC, NFA & NRA Member.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast