$vboptions[bbtitle]

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 95

Thread: GSh-18 Ugly and lovely as it is

  1. #21
    Scribe
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    You can't stop here. This is bat country.
    Posts
    5,192
    For that money, I would buy two used gen3 G17s, which you KNOW would run.

    When I hear "rotating barrel" on a handgun I get nervous...the PX4 has a rotating barrel and it's absolute garbage, for example. Or the Colt All American, which I think had a rotating barrel as well.

    If I was going to buy a pistol of questionable design in the hopes that a low barrel axis was going to be worth something - which I am increasingly starting to think is practically meaningless - I'd be trying to get my hands on a Caracal, which MAY turn out to be a great pistol.
    Find me a single Juno Beach vet who has said that the reason he stormed that beach was so that a collection of socially inept neckbeards could carry AR's through the toy section of Target, and I will completely change my views.
    -effinggoof

  2. #22
    I have no life cam1936's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Kitscoty, AB
    Posts
    2,582
    Quote Originally Posted by misanthropist View Post
    For that money, I would buy two used gen3 G17s, which you KNOW would run.

    When I hear "rotating barrel" on a handgun I get nervous...the PX4 has a rotating barrel and it's absolute garbage, for example. Or the Colt All American, which I think had a rotating barrel as well.

    If I was going to buy a pistol of questionable design in the hopes that a low barrel axis was going to be worth something - which I am increasingly starting to think is practically meaningless - I'd be trying to get my hands on a Caracal, which MAY turn out to be a great pistol.
    Yep it would be a tough sell at $950 + importer and dealer markup. I could see them doing well at $500 just because it's something different and at that price it wuld be worth taking a chance. When you're up against a sig though I don't see many takers.

  3. #23
    Supporting Dealer TeaPot2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Edmonton
    Posts
    1,026
    Quote Originally Posted by mmattockx View Post
    There is hardly enough material for the rivet we would need to stop them from killing kittens and babies.


    Mark
    they already have 10 round mag version made for civilian market, no problem here... all we need is longer by 2.001 mm barrel to stop them from killing kittens and babies

    I gues I will give them a call tonight
    Home of Russian things in Canada https://interammo.com/shop

  4. #24
    CGN Regular Eluoci's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Alberta
    Posts
    279
    Quote Originally Posted by TeaPot2 View Post
    they already have 10 round mag version made for civilian market, no problem here... all we need is longer by 2.001 mm barrel to stop them from killing kittens and babies

    I gues I will give them a call tonight




    and it's not ugly!!! ^^

  5. #25
    CGN Regular Eluoci's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Alberta
    Posts
    279
    Quote Originally Posted by cam1936 View Post
    Yep it would be a tough sell at $950 + importer and dealer markup. I could see them doing well at $500 just because it's something different and at that price it wuld be worth taking a chance. When you're up against a sig though I don't see many takers.
    i see sig going better at $500 , i want thru dirt at perfection of sigs, but id take GSh over HK, well thats if i had to decide between the two, otherwise i want them all ^^

  6. #26
    Big Mouth Dmitri's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    1,836
    sign me up for one... its a great little gun.

  7. #27
    CGN Regular thumbshark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    602
    send copies to norinco maybe they can make it for cheaper

  8. #28
    Supporting Dealer TeaPot2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Edmonton
    Posts
    1,026
    Quote Originally Posted by thumbshark View Post
    send copies to norinco maybe they can make it for cheaper
    It won't be Russian then

    Spoke to Tula they are ok to produce GSh-18 with 106 mm barrel. Price concerns they are not listening
    Home of Russian things in Canada https://interammo.com/shop

  9. #29
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Montreal
    Posts
    36
    Quote Originally Posted by TeaPot2 View Post
    It won't be Russian then

    Spoke to Tula they are ok to produce GSh-18 with 106 mm barrel. Price concerns they are not listening
    I still would be very tempted....
    And it's not ugly

  10. #30
    HELP! I sold my soul to the internet guess_kto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Mississauga, ON, Canuckistan
    Posts
    5,932
    It supposed to be light, reliable and super accurate due to multiple locking systems... I would go for $1200, but with 6 mags... lower is always better Any volume discounts?
    CSSA, NFA, NRA, Conservative Party and Sporting Clubs of Niagara member.

    "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms ... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes." - Thomas Jefferson, 1775.
    Sale:

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
collapse blockhead options_correctBookmarks