Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: GSh-18 Ugly and lovely as it is

Scribe
    You can't stop here. This is bat country.
    For that money, I would buy two used gen3 G17s, which you KNOW would run.

When I hear "rotating barrel" on a handgun I get nervous...the PX4 has a rotating barrel and it's absolute garbage, for example. Or the Colt All American, which I think had a rotating barrel as well.

If I was going to buy a pistol of questionable design in the hopes that a low barrel axis was going to be worth something - which I am increasingly starting to think is practically meaningless - I'd be trying to get my hands on a Caracal, which MAY turn out to be a great pistol.
    Owning is easy; it's doing that's hard. Remember that advice on the internet often comes from people who own things...but are not especially skilled in their use.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer cam1936's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by misanthropist View Post
    For that money, I would buy two used gen3 G17s, which you KNOW would run.

When I hear "rotating barrel" on a handgun I get nervous...the PX4 has a rotating barrel and it's absolute garbage, for example. Or the Colt All American, which I think had a rotating barrel as well.

If I was going to buy a pistol of questionable design in the hopes that a low barrel axis was going to be worth something - which I am increasingly starting to think is practically meaningless - I'd be trying to get my hands on a Caracal, which MAY turn out to be a great pistol.
    Yep it would be a tough sell at $950 + importer and dealer markup. I could see them doing well at $500 just because it's something different and at that price it wuld be worth taking a chance. When you're up against a sig though I don't see many takers.

Supporting Dealer
    Quote Originally Posted by mmattockx View Post
    There is hardly enough material for the rivet we would need to stop them from killing kittens and babies.

Mark
    they already have 10 round mag version made for civilian market, no problem here... all we need is longer by 2.001 mm barrel to stop them from killing kittens and babies :D

I gues I will give them a call tonight

Quote Originally Posted by TeaPot2 View Post
    they already have 10 round mag version made for civilian market, no problem here... all we need is longer by 2.001 mm barrel to stop them from killing kittens and babies :D

I gues I will give them a call tonight

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

and it's not ugly!!! ^^

Quote Originally Posted by cam1936 View Post
    Yep it would be a tough sell at $950 + importer and dealer markup. I could see them doing well at $500 just because it's something different and at that price it wuld be worth taking a chance. When you're up against a sig though I don't see many takers.
    i see sig going better at $500 , i want thru dirt at perfection of sigs, but id take GSh over HK, well thats if i had to decide between the two, otherwise i want them all ^^

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Dmitri's Avatar
    sign me up for one... its a great little gun.

send copies to norinco maybe they can make it for cheaper

Supporting Dealer
    Quote Originally Posted by thumbshark View Post
    send copies to norinco maybe they can make it for cheaper
    It won't be Russian then :D

Spoke to Tula they are ok to produce GSh-18 with 106 mm barrel. Price concerns they are not listening

Quote Originally Posted by TeaPot2 View Post
    It won't be Russian then :D

Spoke to Tula they are ok to produce GSh-18 with 106 mm barrel. Price concerns they are not listening
    I still would be very tempted....
    And it's not ugly

CGN Ultra frequent flyer guess_kto's Avatar
    It supposed to be light, reliable and super accurate due to multiple locking systems... I would go for $1200, but with 6 mags... lower is always better Any volume discounts?
    "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms ... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes." - Thomas Jefferson, 1775.