Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: GSh-18 Ugly and lovely as it is

I heard that the round is much much much hotter then regular +p+ loads. I read somewhere on the net or I believe I watched a video were is claimed that it shoots rounds at 2000fps, I also remember reading that Spetznaz (or other special units) have used this gun in the N.Caucasus, so it is combat proven.

Supporting Dealer
    I've read 570 m/s. Which is probably about 1800 fps. Yes it's combat proven in Chechen war.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Dmitri's Avatar
    Tea Pot.. you have to bring them in.. maybe a small batch if not to many people interested. Although i do think they will sell super fast.
    What is the minimum amount they would produce for Canada..?

Quote Originally Posted by IM_Lugger View Post
    lol and glock has a barrel, trigger, sights, slide release. Clearly they are copying a 1911 :D

Those features became generic in hangun design long time ago.

I'm sorry, could you list the other firearms that aren't a blatant attempt at copying a Glock that have Polymer frames, trigger mounted safeties, striker fired, square slides, and strive for very low bore axis? Oh hold on, here's another pair of wannabe's

The PX4 sports a near identical slide/frame appearance and the take down is well, identical.
    http://world.guns.ru/handguns/hg/it/...4-storm-e.html

And here's Beretta's newest attempt at being Glock, the Nano. Nothing remotely Glock looking on this design. Especially considering Beretta's classic exposed barrel design which they've been running for many years is oddly absent.

http://www.berettanano.com/

I have to call BS on the Px4 being junk. Beretta has been making guns with rotating barrel for about 20 years now, and Px4 is just an updated Cougar. Again I've never heard about any issues with them. Are you refering to CBSA? Do you work for them? how many rounds have you put thru the Px4? If they were that bad how did they ever passed the required tests? Every company makes a lemon once in a while but I dont believe that makes a entire line crap.
    I believe IMLuger that you used to own and run Beretta pistols? I also believe that Slavex used to be sponsored by Beretta. Oddly enough, both of you now own Glocks and Slavex doesn't own any Beretta's(to the best of my knowledge). As the oldest firearms manufacturer in the world, Beretta now holds the smallest share of the Mil/LE market. That doesn't sound like positive news for being the most "experienced" company in the game.

As for failures of the PX4, here's a "BS" link

http://www.bluesheepdog.com/2011/04/...-of-le-market/

Check out this completely honest and ethical marketing campaign by Beretta
    http://findarticles.com/p/articles/m.../ai_n25469382/

TDC

Quote Originally Posted by Dmitri View Post
    Tea Pot.. you have to bring them in.. maybe a small batch if not to many people interested. Although i do think they will sell super fast.
    What is the minimum amount they would produce for Canada..?
    +2 , please, please Teapod bring them in

CGN Ultra frequent flyer IM_Lugger's Avatar
    I believe IMLuger that you used to own and run Beretta pistols? I also believe that Slavex used to be sponsored by Beretta. Oddly enough, both of you now own Glocks and Slavex doesn't own any Beretta's(to the best of my knowledge). As the oldest firearms manufacturer in the world, Beretta now holds the smallest share of the Mil/LE market. That doesn't sound like positive news for being the most "experienced" company in the game
    I will always have at least one Beretta Yes, I do have a couple of Glocks among other guns. What can I say I like to gain experience with as many platforms as I can.

The only thing Px4 has remotly similar to a Glock are the takedown levers. They are completely different guns in every other way, unless you consider polymer frame 'a blatant attempt at copying a Glock'.

Nano is kinda ugly so I guess it does look like a glock after all.

You're acting like Glock invented a first handgun ever! They all borrow ideas from other designs. Glock wasn't even the first polymer framed or striker fired handgun. There were also guns with low bore axis and steep grip angle, so doesn't that make it a copy too?
    Original Combat Exorcist

"I look forward to the resurrection of the dead and the life of the world to come"

I will always have at least one Beretta Yes, I do have a couple of Glocks among other guns. What can I say I like to gain experience with as many platforms as I can.

The only thing Px4 has remotly similar to a Glock are the takedown levers. They are completely different guns in every other way, unless you consider polymer frame 'a blatant attempt at copying a Glock'.

Nano is kinda ugly so I guess it does look like a glock after all.

You're acting like Glock invented a first handgun ever! They all borrow ideas from other designs. Glock wasn't even the first polymer framed or striker fired handgun. There were also guns with low bore axis and steep grip angle, so doesn't that make it a copy too?
    Valid points however, Glock popularized the polymer frame when all the others in the industry(with the exception of HK) and the masses poo poo'd the idea. Now everyone and their dog offers a polymer gun. If it was such a bad idea, why the FOLLOWING by the rest of the industry?

Experiencing different makes/models is great, but the fundamentals don't change. If it functions like sh*t, has missing or sh*t features, why keep it?

TDC

well you can find the views about this pistol from very good to, on other extreme , very bad. but i would rather say this must be having some potential as after all , its russian. to my knowledge, it is designed by an outstanding designer who has earned the crowds of respects for his fighter jet canons / guns designed by him. the pistol engineering and canon engineering are poles apart , even than i regars this pistol as a " FIGHTER JET CANON IN HANDS "

CGN Ultra frequent flyer IM_Lugger's Avatar
    Valid points however, Glock popularized the polymer frame when all the others in the industry(with the exception of HK) and the masses poo poo'd the idea. Now everyone and their dog offers a polymer gun. If it was such a bad idea, why the FOLLOWING by the rest of the industry?

Experiencing different makes/models is great, but the fundamentals don't change. If it functions like sh*t, has missing or sh*t features, why keep it?

TDC
    Yes Glock did make plastic guns popular, true, because they are the only gun maker that only ever make plastic guns (as far as I know) they stuck with it and with the right dedication and marketing they sucseeded. When you can make a decent gun for less money than the completition you will get market share -no majic there! But they did start to make SF models and came out with gen4, because they realised that one gun doesn't fit all and everyone was making guns with adjustable grips, so you can say they coppied other companies. Im glad they did because their .45s and 10mm models were bricks and kinda overdone gen3 with the finger groves and texure. I have 29SF and gen4 G22 -both huge improvements!

I dont keep any guns that are s**t, I have a few guns just for poops and giggles that are expendable, but all my Berettas have been extremely reliable and great shooters.
    Last edited by IM_Lugger; 09-30-2011 at 03:14 PM.
    Original Combat Exorcist

"I look forward to the resurrection of the dead and the life of the world to come"

Yes Glock did make plastic guns popular, true, because they are the only gun maker that only ever make plastic guns (as far as I know) they stuck with it and with the right dedication and marketing they sucseeded. When you can make a decent gun for less money than the completition you will get market share -no majic there! But they did start to make SF models and came out with gen4, because they realised that one gun doesn't fit all and everyone was making guns with adjustable grips, so you can say they coppied other companies. Im glad they did because their .45s and 10mm models were bricks and kinda overdone gen3 with the finger groves and texure. I have 29SF and gen4 G22 -both huge improvements!

I dont keep any guns that are s**t, I have a few guns just for poops and giggles that are expendable, but my all Berettas have been extremely reliable and great shooters.
    To be honest, I was disappointed with Glock's decision to offer interchangeable grips. That decision was solely marketing based and geared towards the civilian market. There's no doubt the large frame Glocks are beefy, hence their LARGE FRAME designation. The reality is that there's no need for either .45ACP or 10mm in the LE or civilian CCW market. 10mm is a fantastic cartridge for handgun hunting but that's a niche market and not one Glock aggressively pursues.

TDC