Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: GSh-18 Ugly and lovely as it is

CGN Ultra frequent flyer IM_Lugger's Avatar
    I dont know about that - LEOs are humans too and have the same issues as everyone else. Sure they can be FORCED by their department to use a certain model, but clearly non SF and pre gen4 models were bigger than they had to be. I think Glock did the right thing by making those changes. If you can make the gun more ergonimic why not do it? btw I use the small/stock grip on my G22.
    Original Combat Exorcist

"I look forward to the resurrection of the dead and the life of the world to come"

The problem with the inserts is that they aren't needed for the majority of the population. Too many users believe "feel" or "comfort" are important criteria when in fact they are not . Quality training and lots of range time are what make a good shooter, not comfort.

TDC

I would definitely like to try one of these that 9x19 +P+ sounds like IPSC 9mm Major. As a rabid fan of 38 super I am all over these if you bring them in.
    Let he who hath no sword sell his garment and buy one.

Quality training and lots of range time are what make a good shooter, not comfort.
    In most cases yes, but some guns fit wierd in my hand so I cant alight them propery with my arm, but why would you not get what's comfortable in the first place and spend a lot of time traniung with that?

When you get a car do you not adjust the seat and stearing wheel to suite you? That's like saying just use the factory setting and just get good at handling it with practice. Sure you'd get used to it, but if you have an option why make things more difficult for yourself?
    Original Combat Exorcist

"I look forward to the resurrection of the dead and the life of the world to come"

Quote Originally Posted by IM_Lugger View Post
    In most cases yes, but some guns fit wierd in my hand so I cant alight them propery with my arm, but why would you not get what's comfortable in the first place and spend a lot of time traniung with that?

When you get a car do you not adjust the seat and stearing wheel to suite you? That's like saying just use the factory setting and just get good at handling it with practice. Sure you'd get used to it, but if you have an option why make things more difficult for yourself?
    Nothing wrong with options. The point is, they're not needed. The fundamentals apply to all makes and models. Same way Jeff Gordon could out drive any of us in a station wagon. I've seen many a shooter with a dressed and/or customized firearm, demonstrate their complete lack of the fundamentals. Gear doesn't make the shot, the user/operator/shooter does.

TDC

Quote Originally Posted by IM_Lugger View Post
    In most cases yes.....
    Don't bother with this, man. What you're doing right now is like arguing with a 12 year old girl that Justin Bieber isn't the best singer who ever lived.

(I've been there. He NEVER gets tired of Justin Bieber... er, Glocks.)

Or like arguing with a Boston Terrier that Milk Bones aren't the pinnacle of culinary achievement.

He will NEVER stop yipping.

....Or with a junior high aged boy that boobs aren't the best thing ever inven..................

Actually, that doesn't apply.

Boobs are great.

lol yeah boobs are pretty awesome :D
    Original Combat Exorcist

Hijacked again... Back to the topic, Really neat looking gun, I definitly want one. I like collecting the stranger stuff.
    Let he who hath no sword sell his garment and buy one.