Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: M305 flash hider welded on?

CGN Regular

M305 flash hider welded on?

Greetings,

Could any1 clarify whether the flash hider on the new M305 shipment is welded on? If so, how much work would it be to get it off?

Want to put this freaking awesome break on!
    http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/pid=1...A_MUZZLE_BRAKE

It's described as a drop on break. Does it mean you can put it on without having to thread the barrel. And yes, I'm a total nub. Thanks for the help guys.

I'm pretty sure the new batches aren't welded, if it is... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xf0M9uAjks

It is a "drop in" piece, you'll just have to use your chinesecastle nut

You're best bet with owning one of these is to settle in, get a drink, and start reading the stickies and the the whole main battle rifles section. There's all the info you'd ever need to know and more about these rifles. Enjoy the addiction

Expired Business
    THE MUZZLE BRAKES ARE NOT WELDED ON....

John

I beg to differ with you John mine is.

Mine was welded too...from the new marstar batch...close inspection on the bottom reveals a slight weld 'halo'. I was able to bash it off with a technique suggested by M14doctor...but it took about a dozen nerve-wracking blows to accomplish it!

The weld on mine broke from shooting and rattled around. So I had no issues replacing it. But it was certainly welded on, just poorly.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Zombies! Where the f@$# are all the zombies? That's the trouble with zombies, they're unreliable.

delete
    Last edited by raindog; 11-17-2014 at 03:29 AM.
    A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition.
    ― Rudyard Kipling

BCWF CSSA CCFR

CGN Regular
    The guy in the video uses a barrel vise and castle nut pliers? Do you really need that, or can you use a regular bench vise with some thin rubber inserted between the barrel and vise to prevent it from marring? Wouldn't channel locks or vise grips work just as well as a castle nut wrench that the guy uses in the video? If I gotta buy a barrel vise and special castle nut pliers, then I might as well pay a gunsmith to do it for me. Can't see using them too often to justify the cost.

Thanks guys!

BANNED
    We do this meathod at clinic's to ensure that the barrel dosen't warp from the hammering when takening off the flash hidder.
    And after what marstar just said it's another reason to get there M14 just not to have to go threw this ordeal.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Hammer and Brass punch got mine off np "poly tech gun"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast