Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Jon I'd like your opinion on this possibility

CGN frequent flyer TheManInBlack's Avatar

Jon I'd like your opinion on this possibility

Everyones talking about how the military in our lovely country is getting new handguns after the fall of 2015. My question to you because you wont be talking out your arse is,

What possibility is there that these hi power and sigs might be sold in our market?
    隱藏在自圓其說

Expired Business
    THE MN IN BLACK;

If I were to base my guess on the past performance of our government, they will most likely go to the foundry....
    After all what would happen if one ended up in the hands of the "bad guys" or some similar excuse.
    John

CGN frequent flyer TheManInBlack's Avatar
    I thought you were going to say that
    隱藏在自圓其說

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by johnone View Post
    THE MN IN BLACK;

If I were to base my guess on the past performance of our government, they will most likely go to the foundry....
    After all what would happen if one ended up in the hands of the "bad guys" or some similar excuse.
    John
    A little piece of my heart just died when I read and reliezed the truth in that statement.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer CanadianAR's Avatar
    What a waste of money.
    The taxpayers should demand that the Military recoup some our our money.....by selling them to anyone, including us.
    WANTED: Matching German WWII K98k and bayonets.

CGN Regular
    won't they just go to the foreign government were training and equiping with are old stuff already? at little to no cost to said foreign government. literally putting them into the hands of the wrong guys. just askin!

Quote Originally Posted by CanadianAR View Post
    What a waste of money.
    The taxpayers should demand that the Military recoup some our our money.....by selling them to anyone, including us.
    If you have ever had the chance of buying a CF issued Hi-Power, you would want your money back. These things are so old its not even funny. Better off throwing them at the target!

The newer brownings we have are just refurbished ones at best.

Also remember the military does not run our country, they do not take money from taxpayers. The government is the one's who allocates a yearly budget, so don't take it out on the troops.

Not all of the Browning HPs are old/used. We still have many that are brand new and still in grease and wrapped. I was issued one in Haiti a year or two back that was shiny and new and shot like a dream. Spent hours, and hundreds of rounds, at a local range in Haiti. Great stress relief. I would love to have one for myself, but we all know how the government will want to avoid becoming an arms dealer to law abiding citizens.

Does the government have the ability to think any Canadian is law abiding to their satisfaction? They simply assume they haven't caught us yet.
    "...my enemy is a varmint. And a varmint will never quit - ever." Caddyshack (1980)

CGN Regular
    too bad it can't just be sold as surplus like old computers and stuff...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast