Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: SKS ATI Stock

I have a montecarlo ATI stock for my sks and i had to glass bed the recoil lug to make it fit right and had to mod the stock to fit the gas tube too. ATI stock fit wasn't that nice and fitting was required but i fail to see how that is Marstar's fault. ATI stocks live and learn.

Can't comment on your customer service experience but when i called marstar on a scope issue they said ship it back and we will look into it. Pretty standard stuff for mail order.

That being said, i will stick with original stocks for SKS and mod those to do what i want cause they are easier to work and inlet than plastic ones. And i prefer the feel of the lumber, I think it has more personality.
    "...my enemy is a varmint. And a varmint will never quit - ever." Caddyshack (1980)

The OP makes it sounds like Marstar made the stock themselves...it's a cheap, ####ty stock. That's it. You should have spent the money on the Tapco stock in the first place if you were going for perfection, it's no secret that ATI stocks aren't that great.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovegunz View Post
    The OP makes it sounds like Marstar made the stock themselves...it's a cheap, s**tty stock. That's it. You should have spent the money on the Tapco stock in the first place if you were going for perfection, it's no secret that ATI stocks aren't that great.
    Definately agree... ATI is a piece of s**t and I should have spent my money on a Tapco to begin with, specially since I saw this feature by Marstar on youtube.com:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZ9rYwrVJnI

I do know they didn't make it! But if they want to sell it, they should tell their customer that they will have to do a mod (own it) before they even see it on the Rifle, thus know if it's any good, thus void any chance of the "Ironclad Guarantee"... I learned the hard way and was offering feedback to them. If a customer feels put-out after doing a transaction and a company actually cares then in theory it's valuable information.

That's no secret either, it's the same as fitting aftermarket magazines. These things didn't roll off some precision CNC machine. You could have done some research, the red rifle forum is full of this type of stuff. If you find anything that fits on these guns perfect the first time, you simply got lucky.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovegunz View Post
    That's no secret either, it's the same as fitting aftermarket magazines. These things didn't roll off some precision CNC machine. You could have done some research, the red rifle forum is full of this type of stuff. If you find anything that fits on these guns perfect the first time, you simply got lucky.
    I guess it isn't a secret... But who wants to read forum after forum? I just want to put my shootin-iron together and take it to the range!

Still, why couldn't Marstar just tell me straight up to begin with? This was my point...

I guess I did get lucky in the end, it's was a Tapco the second time! It does fit perfect.

I know how you feel

Quote Originally Posted by DiverDriver View Post
    I guess it isn't a secret... But who wants to read forum after forum? I just want to put my shootin-iron together and take it to the range!

Still, why couldn't Marstar just tell me straight up to begin with? This was my point...

I guess I did get lucky in the end, it's was a Tapco the second time! It does fit perfect.

I know how you feel I bought some stuff from Marstar awhile back for my sks and it was a bad experience as well. Kind of disappointing because they have a lot of nice stuff I'd be interested in. I bought a scope mount reciever which worked with a little bit of modification done to it but I also ordered the ten round box mag that's pinned down to a 5 and they sent me the 5 round cheaper mag. I emailed them multiple times and got a reply at first until I asked them if they could send me the right Mag. It was never installed or modified because I wanted them to send me the right one but they payed no attention to me so I believe what your saying!!!!

I never received any help when I contacted you guys about you sending the wrong magazine when I ordered from you either. It's a shame because you sell a lot of nice stuff but the customer service just dosent seem to be up to par!

..... CGN is Sh@t too, i spent 5 min replying to u and its cutting out a whole sentanse cuz of a word SH#t
    Have Fun

I had those problems and more!! So i feel you dude. ATI is sh#t. A sh#t that I paid for; but that’s no excuse to sell them to ppl “it’s not the JOB of a customer to be informed about YOU”R product”. I bought it from Target sport here in Toronto and unlike you they actually told me that it would be a perfect fit for my rifle thus it’s just a matter of taking the gung apart and replacing it with ATI. Yet I had to file down here and there and make it fit……
    Have Fun

Lots of Dbags on this/any forum, Your complaint is well justified. Companies should know the products they sell and what models they work with. Specially when A LOT of purchases are done over the internet, and it's something they indicated needed "some" modifications. Glad to hear the Tapco stock worked out for you.
    "Your beard is so fat, not even Dora can explore it!"
    -Si Robertson

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast