Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst ... 5789101112131415161718192021 LastLast

Thread: Mossberg MVP

Quote Originally Posted by f55 View Post
    MVP arrived today from CanAm

Tried pmags, usgi, lar15, press check, and mossberg mags. All function (3 dummy rounds through each)

The press check mag needed a little sanding at the back but all function
    I bought two extra lar15 mags and they fit and function flawlessly!

Quote Originally Posted by Bigvern View Post
    I was under the impression that the 10 round AR mags were only to be used with AR's?
    What does the law say?
    The restriction is on the magazine not the rifle. You can be charged with possession of a prohibited item just for having an empty magazine on you. Just make sure the mag is marked as being for an AR pistol. All the LAR-15 and XCR-L mags that I have seen were labelled "PISTOL MAGAZINE".

To get higher capacity mags for this rifle, all a Mossberg would have to do is cut a small key-way into the side of the mag well. Then a mag producer, who makes plastic mags, would just have to epoxy a small key tab on the side of their mag and mark the package for "Bolt Action Only". Call it the "MVP Canadian". Standard AR mags would still fit into the MVP but the special mags would not fit into any semi-auto rifle. It comes down to demand, I guess, but it's not a hard or expensive thing to do. It could even be done as a retro-fit, as long as the RCMP signed off on the modified magazines, which I can't see them not doing for any legal reason.

Quote Originally Posted by f55 View Post
    You can use the lar15 pistol mags in what ever they fit in and function.

Even better would be beowulf mags
    I don't think the .223 rounds would stay in the Beowulf mag. I have some XCR-L mags in 7.62x39mm, and the feed lips are spaced too far apart to hold .223's. One round will stay in, but not two. Maybe the Beowulf mags are setup differently though since I think they stack in a single column.

Quote Originally Posted by blastfromme View Post
    I don't think the .223 rounds would stay in the Beowulf mag. I have some XCR-L mags in 7.62x39mm, and the feed lips are spaced too far apart to hold .223's. One round will stay in, but not two. Maybe the Beowulf mags are setup differently though since I think they stack in a single column.
    They fit

try searching youtube with beowulf 223

These rifles have started to "trickle" in now.

The quantities being received however are now where near what we have on order.

We are hoping that Mossberg can up the production on these rifles, and get enough the satisfy the Canadian market shortly.

Thanks,

Jon

Good to hear ^^ Cant wait to see some patrol models coming in!
    His calcabo gentes.
    By these I will trample on the nations.
    "It is very easy to judge in leisure what people have had to do in haste...." Paul Harrell

I saw the 27717 and 27719 at Reliable in Vancouver. Do you know anyone that has shot this rifle or any of the variants of it. I have been asking around but not much of a response.

CGN Regular
    100 miles north 100 miles south, manitoba
    A buddy from around here picked up a .223 variant lately (he's a member here), he says he really likes it! I want, and WILL get the .308 model when i find one!

Ahhh... apparently the .308 version will only be avail here in 2014! Oh well, i guess ill just have to buy a couple rifles in between then.... ;-)
    Last edited by ginnz; 08-06-2013 at 09:37 PM.
    I changed my SL8 into a PSG8!

BUMP ... Any Patrol models in yet?

Thanks