Page 16 of 21 FirstFirst ... 689101112131415161718192021 LastLast

Thread: Mossberg MVP

I put about 500 rounds through my MVP this year. Really like it, shoots well. Here's some groups I've shot.

Rifle

100 Yards - 10 shot group

300 yards 5 shot group 1

300 yards 5 shot group 2

^^^ At what range were those groups shot at? Hopefully, more than 200 yds. No offence, but I don't see where you could claim that it "shoots well".

Cabelas have these in stock year round...

To get higher capacity mags for this rifle, all a Mossberg would have to do is cut a small key-way into the side of the mag well. Then a mag producer, who makes plastic mags, would just have to epoxy a small key tab on the side of their mag and mark the package for "Bolt Action Only". Call it the "MVP Canadian". Standard AR mags would still fit into the MVP but the special mags would not fit into any semi-auto rifle. It comes down to demand, I guess, but it's not a hard or expensive thing to do. It could even be done as a retro-fit, as long as the RCMP signed off on the modified magazines, which I can't see them not doing for any legal reason.
    This is an excellent idea!

Also the 7.62 version of these is coming out, Takes M-14 and AR10 mags which is interesting, but also ships with its own 10 round mag. If the 10 round mag is proprietory to the MVP and also fits the M14, AR10 or both, the mags alone will sell like hotcakes!

Err... what? what kind of magazine design will work in an AR-10 and an M14?!

unpossible!

Quote Originally Posted by Leonidas View Post
    This is an excellent idea!

Also the 7.62 version of these is coming out, Takes M-14 and AR10 mags which is interesting, but also ships with its own 10 round mag. If the 10 round mag is proprietory to the MVP and also fits the M14, AR10 or both, the mags alone will sell like hotcakes!
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Maybe. We'll have to take a look at the magazine when it comes out. The 7.62 MVP definitely functions with both types of magazines with no modification, so it is certainly possible that its magazines could also work the other way.

There is some precendent for this. Once upon a time there were mags that functioned in both Mini 14s and ARs.

Quote Originally Posted by 2bad4u2 View Post
    ^^^ At what range were those groups shot at? Hopefully, more than 200 yds. No offence, but I don't see where you could claim that it "shoots well".
    Look above the picture, I have the range listed.

I guess "shoots well" is a subjective term. 100 yards, 7 out of 10 shots touching, all 10 under an inch is "well" for me

Other are both 300 yards. All factory ammo, was trying different types out.
    Last edited by did_b; 10-21-2013 at 11:34 PM.

CGN frequent flyer CraigNConnor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by did_b View Post
    Look above the picture, I have the range listed.

I guess "shoots well" is a subjective term. 100 yards, 7 out of 10 shots touching, all 10 under an inch is "well" for me

Other are both 300 yards. All factory ammo, was trying different types out.

Red barrel and oversize bolt come standard?! If not where did you obtain those?

Quote Originally Posted by CraigNConnor View Post
    Red barrel and oversize bolt come standard?! If not where did you obtain those?
    No, not standard. That was done by me.

Truck bed liner on the stock, Can of Tremclad paint for the barrel and action (Leather brown) and oversize bolt knob was a custom job by me as well.

CGN frequent flyer CraigNConnor's Avatar
    Nice looking rig