Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 91112131415161718192021 LastLast

Thread: Mossberg MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Beadwindow View Post
    Might the fact that the patrol model comes with a muzzle break is interfering with it's importation into Canada? I heard that State Department restrictions forced Ruger to produce an export model of the Gunsight Scout without the muzzle break and that the RFBs imported into Canada also had to come without flash hiders.

That would be a shame, as the combination of scope mounts and open sights on the Patrol would make it an ideal choice. The folks at Mossberg might have decided that it was easier to simply export the Varmint models to Canada than make an export friendly Patrol model.
    Perhaps but there is flash hider guns coming from the states left right and center. 90% of ar's (or more) I know for a while there threaded barrels and flash hiders were dificult to import (depending on the regs) but It doenst seem to be a big hindrance anymore.
    OP'd by jbrow397:
    We held court on the Internet and as usual, all parties are held in contempt.

I bought the varmit because it was an affordable bolt gun that was cheap to feed. the .308 version defeats this purpose however the X39 is interesting!
    NFA member

Quote Originally Posted by zeuce View Post
    I bought the varmit because it was an affordable bolt gun that was cheap to feed. the .308 version defeats this purpose however the X39 is interesting!
    I think a lot of guys might go for the 308 (myself included) because the .223/762x39 role is usually well filled by a semi auto.
    I'd be using my patrol for hunting as well so the 308 is more versatile in that regard.
    That said for a plinker the 762x39 is hard to argue with.
    OP'd by jbrow397:
    We held court on the Internet and as usual, all parties are held in contempt.

I see the MVP varmint is on backorder everywhere. Any word on a supply date?
    Shooting is shooting is shooting is shooting

BANNED
    they are up here already P&D had some thats where I got mine.less than 4 months ago.

I was looking for one and couldn't anywhere. Found a store in Rhode Island and going the import route. They got a few and they flew out the door. I was looking for a predator but ended up with a patrol + scope. I am happy with that though. The import fees are going to drive the price up like crazy. Cost of life to get one of these I guess. Week 1 of 12 wait for it, and counting, haha.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by tactical pete View Post
    they are up here already P&D had some thats where I got mine.less than 4 months ago.
    X2 Great gun.

Last edited by jacob.22; 08-10-2014 at 02:23 AM.
    Have you hugged your Pit-Bull today?

I'm also looking for the patrol. I've sent a few emails around

Quote Originally Posted by celticwolf View Post
    I'm also looking for the patrol. I've sent a few emails around

I finally found one.....on Rhode Island. Black Patrol with scope. Imported it through Prophet River ( who were awesome)

GREAT little gun very happy.