Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1012131415161718192021 LastLast

Thread: Mossberg MVP

What did that cost ya roughly? How easy or painful is it to import?

it was $699 (USD) for the patrol with scope and one mag. import cost 250 and it was surprisingly painless. I cant say enough good things about Prophet river and their customer service.

did I end up paying a little more for the gun? Hell ya but they are so hard to find right now i am more than happy with the costs.

Id agree, I only buy a fire arm every few years and spend a retarded amount of time figuring out what I want. Im sorry to pick your brain again but did u have to find some one for them to import it from or can you just email prophet river and ask em to find you one? Also how long did the whole process take?
    thanks again for your help buddy!

Quote Originally Posted by celticwolf View Post
    Id agree, I only buy a fire arm every few years and spend a retarded amount of time figuring out what I want. Im sorry to pick your brain again but did u have to find some one for them to import it from or can you just email prophet river and ask em to find you one? Also how long did the whole process take?
    thanks again for your help buddy!

No Problem.

You have to find a store that will sell to Canadians yourself. What I did was search the gun and when a sote had one in stock I called them.

I called one that Prophet suggested ( knowing they would probably have the gun) but their customer service was lousy and never called me back.

I then searched and found D&L shooting supplied on Rhone Island. They were great to deal with and were happy to sell me the rifle.

I gave the salesman the link to the Prophet river web site and they printed the forms they needed and sent them with the rifle.

Prophet River is an importer so they have, for lack of a better term, a sister company in the States who receive the gun and then it goes into the process of importing.

If you go to the Prophet River firearms site, there is a tab that explains the whole process.

Hopefully that helps a bit.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Brian46's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by celticwolf View Post
    I'm also looking for the patrol. I've sent a few emails around
    try some of the vendors on here, what caliber are you looking for?

http://www.irunguns.ca/store/rifles-for-sale-canada/Mossberg%20MVP%20PAT%2016THB%20556%20BLK%2010RD

7.62, but currently out of stock though
    http://www.irunguns.ca/store/rifles-for-sale-canada?product_id=501
    If it's either loud, obnoxious, fast, hated by the general population or any combination of these, I OWN IT!!

nvm
    Last edited by RyanCampeau; 05-20-2014 at 08:20 AM.

CGN Regular
    Anybody still interested in a patrol in 308/7.62 can PM me. Thought I might hunt. Not gonna happen. I'm into it for about $1000 CAD after tax, shipping and USD conversion. Can email photos for serious enquiries. Price negotiable.

CGN Regular
    Anyone know if they will be available in 204R? In Canada?

Any custom stocks we can get?
    Gun control means using both hands

I was just browsing in the Oshawa Sail last month and asked the sales rep if they had any Ruger Mini-14's. He didn't, but turned me on to the MVP. When he told me it takes AR mags I instantly put it on layaway and paid it off last week. They still have 1-2 more in stock. Ordered a LAR-15 mag from The Ammo Source, put a Bushnell 3x9x40 Dusk and Dawn scope on it and I'm ready for 'yote hunting! Haven't had a chance to shoot it yet, maybe this thursday.

I love the short pull length, I have shortish arms. The weight is good and LBA trigger is very nice. Bolt was a little sticky, but taking it out every day and working it through some mags helped a lot. It's my first bolt action and I'm still working on a smooth movement. My only real complaint is that the factory mag is pinned AND stamped for 5 rounds for some silly reason. No limit on bolt action and it's stamped for the MVP, which makes no sense.

M-A-X there are no custom stocks, but this guy did a nice job on his. http://www.mossbergmvp.com/index.php...ustom-mvp.331/