Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678910111214 ... LastLast

Thread: Mossberg MVP

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by stefman722 View Post
    When will this rifle be available any updates?
    Bump

As far as the high capacity magazines and the MVP....What we need is a Canadian company to purpose build Mossberg MVP 20-30 round magazines, and get them stamped on the side "designed to be operated in a Mossberg MVP Bolt Action Rifle"....and not "AR compatible"

I wonder if a 20-30 round AR magazine could have any stampings that indicate it is designed for a AR removed, and re-stamp or engrave "designed for Mossberg MVP bolt action" on the side of it, if that would clearly indicate to any LEO who happened to check a hunter or shooter using the 20-30 round magazine in there Mossberg MVP bolt action rifle.....its really a stupid restriction since it is'nt being used in a semi-auto centerfire, but instead is being used in a bolt action rifle, so there should be a way that we can get around this silly rule, when it should'nt apply to a bolt action centerfire, even if it could be used in a semi-auto, but clearly is'nt if its in a bolt action. Having 2 identical magazines, and one being illegal, and the other being legal, just because the stampings on the side, is such BS, and any person with the authority to make such rules and laws, without knowing how silly it is, should'nt be in charge of such decisions.

GunNutz
    IIRC the Garand and theSMLE have been excused from the 5 round requirement in Canada, but that all centrefire rifles are restricted to max 5 round magazine. (perhaps except for the tube mag rifles that shoot pistol rounds). It wouldn't matter if the magazine was "stamped" anything - if it holds more than 5, it's a no-go, regardless of the action.
    I could be worng..

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by AikiNut View Post
    IIRC the Garand and theSMLE have been excused from the 5 round requirement in Canada, but that all centrefire rifles are restricted to max 5 round magazine. (perhaps except for the tube mag rifles that shoot pistol rounds). It wouldn't matter if the magazine was "stamped" anything - if it holds more than 5, it's a no-go, regardless of the action.
    I could be worng..
    you are. Only semi-auto center fire rifles have a 5 round mag limit. Pump, lever and bolt actions have no limit.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by stefman722 View Post

My email from Mossberg says late 2012 or early 2013.... so I would guess about one year from now.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by ctwo View Post
    My email from Mossberg says late 2012 or early 2013.... so I would guess about one year from now.
    What the hell?

I thought these guns were supposed to come out early THIS YEAR, not next year.

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontrunner View Post
    Go to jail? it's good to see em cracking down than because I witnessed two guys get busted up Sylvester last year with unpinned mags and all that happend was their two mags being taken away...

I am in no way trying to justify doing this as I follow every law, but to say jail time will result from it is a bit much
    What the ####? It is GOOD to see people prosecuted for stupid bull#### paper crimes??

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by cadgo View Post
    What the f**k? It is GOOD to see people prosecuted for stupid bulls**t paper crimes??
    No kidding.

"ONOEZ! Un-pinned 30 round mags!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    I don't get it.

The importer says that these will be available "early this year", and now Mossberg is saying that they won't come out until 2013?

How the hell are they a full YEAR behind?