Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151618 ... LastLast

Thread: Mossberg MVP

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Grizzlypeg's Avatar
    Nice work Kevin. The Mossberg mvp, I understand, has some appendage below the bolt to pick up cartridges, as there is some talk about some small part that might break. From what you are saying, you were able to simply have the bolt push feed the cartridges out of the ar mags. Very cool. I doubt I'll take up the torch, but its cool to see what you did. Is the magwell an aluminum alloy? If it was steel, I'd be cutting and welding it into a stock trigger guard.
    NO CONFLICT OF INTEREST TO DISCLOSE “Laws that forbid the carrying of arms . . . disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes . . . Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man.” Cesare Beccaria

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Kevin M.'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Grizzlypeg View Post
    Nice work Kevin. The Mossberg mvp, I understand, has some appendage below the bolt to pick up cartridges, as there is some talk about some small part that might break. From what you are saying, you were able to simply have the bolt push feed the cartridges out of the ar mags. Very cool. I doubt I'll take up the torch, but its cool to see what you did. Is the magwell an aluminum alloy? If it was steel, I'd be cutting and welding it into a stock trigger guard.
    Aluminum. I modified a prebuilt HK SL-8 AR magwell to fit my purposes, but that is part of why I got stuck.
    You know you are a real gunnut when you start practicing trigger control on power tools.

WWJMBD? What Would John Moses Browning Do?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    I did a similar thing to my Marlin XS7 in 223. I modified the blind magazine to accept LAR-15 magazines....a bit crude but works like a charm...

I'd still buy an MVP if it was available here....

BANNED
    bottom line, dealers. Can any of you bring this rifle in. 5.56 NATO stamped or not, would not make a difference. its a bolt action rifle. Not an AR platform or restircted rifle. There is obviously a demand, lets figure something out, and get these in Canada.

What is deal with 5.56?
    We just got a bunch of XCR's in 5.56 in.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Hey North Sylva, any update on these?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer lone-wolf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Spectacular View Post
    Hey North Sylva, any update on these?
    What he said. Specially the 18.5" barrel predator model.
    The wild still lingered in him and the wolf in him merely slept

"It must be poor life that achieves freedom from fear" - Aldo Leopold

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin M. View Post
    Never finished it up 100% because I got stymied by how to finish the trigger guard, kind of got shoved into the "Stuff to finish" pile for now, but she feeds nearly 100% from AR mags. A lot of work went into it. This was just my first rough prototype, more of a proof of concept then anything else, to show that the rem 700 could feed from AR mags with no work to the action of the rifle.

I can send you more stuff if you are interested. I really ought to finish this one once and for all, it will be an awesome little gun with LAR mags.
    Simple to correct. I would take the traditional behind the rear of the trigger approch then have it go straight into the magwell to add extra strenght to it.
    Then I would change the followers in the magazine to this:
    Schuster Single Shot Magazine Follower AR-15 Polymer
    AR-15 .223 Alluminum Single Round Follower from Creedmoor Sports
    It will solve the feeding issue's.
    P.S. Lone-Wolf told ya so

BANNED
    any comment from the company in question....at all?

bueller?

....bueller ?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Daver_II's Avatar
    Any word?