Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567891012 ... LastLast

Thread: Mossberg MVP

We are still waiting on a firm delivery date. We will keep everyone posted.

Thanks,

Good looking gun. What is the max magazine size for these? It a bolt-action, so it's kind of like a pump shotty where you could hypothetically fit a lot more than ten rounds (I'm thinking mini shells in a gun with a big tube). But the fact that it uses AR mags leads me to believe they will have to be pinned to ten.

CGN Regular
    All mags will have to be pinned at 5. The only exception being the LAR15 mags which are 10.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny_Zanni View Post
    All mags will have to be pinned at 5. The only exception being the LAR15 mags which are 10.
    I figured as much. But for the sake of argument, could a person unpin these mags? Is this a grey area? Or is it cut and dry, mag limit is 5/10?

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by HobbesT View Post
    I figured as much. But for the sake of argument, could a person unpin these mags? Is this a grey area? Or is it cut and dry, mag limit is 5/10?
    Not unless you want to go to jail. They are still designed for the AR, even if you are using it in a bolt action.

BANNED
    Go to jail? it's good to see em cracking down than because I witnessed two guys get busted up Sylvester last year with unpinned mags and all that happend was their two mags being taken away...

I am in no way trying to justify doing this as I follow every law, but to say jail time will result from it is a bit much

Quote Originally Posted by Fyn View Post
    Not unless you want to go to jail. They are still designed for the AR, even if you are using it in a bolt action.
    That sucks. But do you see what I mean when I wonder if this is a grey area?

I'm just thinking of a reverse scenario. Imagine a bolt gun that took proprietary magazines that held 20. This would be perfectly legal just like a pump shotgun can hold more than 5. But then imagine that a semi entered the market that could accept those mags. Would all mags thereafter have to be pinned? I'm sure this has been discussed here before but I'm just wondering. Thanks.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by HobbesT View Post
    That sucks. But do you see what I mean when I wonder if this is a grey area?

I'm just thinking of a reverse scenario. Imagine a bolt gun that took proprietary magazines that held 20. This would be perfectly legal just like a pump shotgun can hold more than 5. But then imagine that a semi entered the market that could accept those mags. Would all mags thereafter have to be pinned? I'm sure this has been discussed here before but I'm just wondering. Thanks.
    I think that scenario they wouldn't have to be. But the problem is Mossberg openly says the MVP uses AR-15 magazines. If they would not have said that then the mag limit for "Mossberg MVP Magazines" would be unlimited.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny_Zanni View Post
    I think that scenario they wouldn't have to be. But the problem is Mossberg openly says the MVP uses AR-15 magazines. If they would not have said that then the mag limit for "Mossberg MVP Magazines" would be unlimited.
    I see. So it's just like the BX25 mag debacle then. That sucks.

GunNutz
    Don't want to take business away from anyone, but there are a lot of Mossberg dealers in Canada...

http://www.mossberg.com/dealers/intl...tion=resources

Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567891012 ... LastLast