Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: MPOD FTR Bipod - CONGRATS NIK TAYLOR, NEW WORLD CHAMP, TEAM BNX AND INTL SHOOTERS

Supporting Dealer

Logo going on the plates - supposed to shipping to me in a week or so

IPhone pics of production progress....

Nice to still have the preproduction pics onhand.

The pods are completed despite some lengthy delays. I am thrilled by how well it has turned out. The finish has exceeded my expectations and the fit is bang on.

For those that preordered, I will be rushing to get them into packages and out to you. Not so fancy wrapped but at this point, I don't think anyone will mind.

The MPOD is very easy to put together but I will strive to have photo instructions up this week. Then follow up with some nicer videos and photos when I get some prof help with the photography.

A huge bonus is the pod pictured weighs 12.5ozs and 12.8ozs on 2 separate scales. This makes the MPOD the lightest F class suitable pod on the market AND lighter then even the Harris.

The pod will still easily support a 50lbs rifle.

1/2 turn of the central knob from secure to removal. The leg knobs take even less to go from lock up to moving.

Look forward to hearing any and all feedback from the all those that have patiently waited for this production.

Thanks so much to all of you for the preorders and your patience. I think you will be very pleased with the end product.

Jerry

Check out my Facebook page... Mystic Precision Inc

Email me at mysticprecision@gmail.com or PM

Supporting Dealer
    All preorders have now shipped. Thanks again and look forward to your thoughts and comments.

I hope it works for you as well as it has for me.

Jerry

Supporting Dealer
    TIPS for the new pod

There was a few changes in the final product which affect the hardware so I am putting up a couple of simple tips to resolve.

1) The threaded knobs for the leg adjustment can nip the outer legs a bit when you tighten. A steel washer solves this issue. I got some from Home Hardware - a #8 washer that has the same outside diameter as the shank on the knob so almost invisible.

A drop of crazy glue will keep that washer from being too easily lost.

2) The spacers for the outer legs can be a tight fit. Unfortunately, variance in the alum tube causes this. A light sanding resolves this issue. We will likely make them a few thou shorter on our next run.

3) The length of the hand knob for the leg adjustment was sized for a different way to thread the leg. With the helicoil now used, the thread is way longer then it needs to be.

A minute with a Dremel cutoff wheel and I made them half as long. Much quicker to remove without loss of strength/tightness.

I will continue to update the product with tips and feedback from users.

All have been very minor but we are striving for the best possible performance so these little niggles can be improved on.

Enjoy...

Jerry

Hi Jerry

My pod arrived today, I spent all of 4 minutes assembling and it mounted to my AI stock like butter. Then I read the instructions, and yup, I did it right. :D

Very impressive to say the least, the simplicity of the design is brilliant.

Taking pictures of it indoors could be compared to pics of a hot model wearing momderwear but I'll take some good pics when I go to church on Sunday

Thank Jerry,

Paul

Supporting Dealer
    Look forward to the pics and review.

Jerry

Supporting Dealer
    Am thrilled with the response to the MPOD has been so strong. The first batch is now sold out :-)

Next batch is hopefully out mid/late July. A decent amount has preorders already.

A 3" wide and 1 5/8" wide plate version will be made up to suit larger forends and sporter rifles.

Also, a UK dealer has been established - Fox Firearms. That will make UK and European sales much easier and faster.

Some great conversations with various top shooters in other countries and I hope some will give the MPOD a try. A few have placed orders so that is exciting.

Given a mention in the June Target Shooter Ezine from the UK. See page #74. Likely a full review in the coming months.

Off to a great start and look forward to getting these under lots of rifles around the world.

Fun, fun, fun...

Jerry

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Epoxy7's Avatar
    Hey Jerry,

I'm happy for you but I don't call there now being a UK dealer for the Mpod exciting news for us. This just means longer waits for Canadians. Less product etc. Not really exciting to me when I'm looking at buying one of these. Unless of course I lived in the UK, which I don't.

I'll be looking at one of these soon. Hopefully there will be some in stock here in Canada.

Supporting Dealer
    Think of it this way.... ECONOMIES OF SCALE.

With the new UK dealer and hopefully, opening up a larger audience, sales volumes should/could go up. That means larger production runs which leads to better product, more accessibility and maybe stable pricing.

A top Aussie shooter is about to receive his. Hoping for more positive results down under.

Believe me, this will be good for Canadians too.

The MPOD is manf in Canada. More sales, more work opportunities too.

It's all good...
    Jerry

Supporting Dealer
    About to send an MPOD to an overseas team captain for testing.

How cool is that????

Fingers and toes crossed :-)

Jerry

CGN Ultra frequent flyer blaxsun's Avatar
    w ww.foxfirearms.com - "this domain may be for sale".
    Guessing they got the domain name wrong in the article?

w ww.foxfirearmsuk.com
    lol. I think they should've stuck with co.uk...
    "Before me things create were none, save things Eternal,
    and eternal I endure. All hope abandon ye who enter here."
    Tune in next week... Same
    Bat time, same Bat channel.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast