Thread: Thanks and S&B 308 ammo review

Thanks and S&B 308 ammo review

Just want to say thanks for a great recommendation.

A while ago i had a chance to talk to one of the guys from north silva and asked him if there were any cheap but accurate 308 rounds available. I had thought only federal gold match would do the job but they're expensive and I needed a cheaped alternative. He mentioned Sellier and Bellot 180grain FMJ so I picked some up when I had the chance.

I finally had an opportunity to get the range and try it out. I had not shot in a while so I started out shooting my 22LR for practice then switched to my rem 700 5R.

I spent the day shooting about 20, 22LR rounds at 60m then switching to the 308 at 100m and firing a 3-5 round groups, then back to the 22LR. I alternated between shooting a grouping of S&B then a grouping of federal. I was shooting seated, off a bipod. As the day went on my grouping got better and I was getting back into my old form.

All my groupings were under an inch, with either ammo, when I did my part. I was more then impressed with the performance of the S&B for half the price of the federal. The S&B was consistent and grouped as well, if not better the federal with my best group being just under a half inch using S&B.

When I took the gun there was no excessive carbon etc, and clean up was easy.

I will not be buying federal again after this experience, if I need better accuracy I'll have to work up a hand load. I can't justify paying twice as much for the federal.

Again thanks for the advise, I love the ammo.

Glad we could help.