$vboptions[bbtitle]

Page 16 of 24 FirstFirst ... 689101112131415161718192021222324 LastLast

Thread: Omega Safety Systems Gun Locks - NOW IN STOCK

Quote Originally Posted by Technology Direct View Post
    ^ The requirements refer to the use of a "secure locking device". I do not recall any specific reference of the trigger mechanism.
    That's right.
    And if I might add, this is way safer than a trigger lock.
    A trigger lock will not stop you from locking a gun with a round in the chamber, while with this device that would be impossible.

HELP! I sold my soul to the internet blaxsun's Avatar
    Do you know when you might have more stock in 9mm and .223? I just saw the video on how to get these to properly work (with a bit of practice) on my ARs so I'm stoked about getting a few more. One last small request: might it be possible to get a slightly longer key for the .45ACP? I'd like to use these on my SBR Kriss but with the flash hider I have installed it's not quite long enough. Thanks again!
    "Before me things create were none, save things Eternal,
    and eternal I endure. All hope abandon ye who enter here."
    Tune in next week... Same
    Bat time, same Bat channel.

Supporting Dealer Technology Direct's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blaxsun View Post
    Do you know when you might have more stock in 9mm and .223? I just saw the video on how to get these to properly work (with a bit of practice) on my ARs so I'm stoked about getting a few more. One last small request: might it be possible to get a slightly longer key for the .45ACP? I'd like to use these on my SBR Kriss but with the flash hider I have installed it's not quite long enough. Thanks again!
    Just got an order in actually. Not exactly sure of quantities / calibres at the moment but I will let you know what's available as soon as I can.

-Frank

EDIT: I will check on the key for you. I know they have some that are 9 1/4"
    Last edited by Technology Direct; 05-05-2012 at 09:56 PM.

Our Website
    The Gun Nut formerly known as "The Sicilian" / Member: CSSA , Colby Shooting Club
    LUCID, G96, MORA, FROGLUBE, SPEEDLOADER SWIFT, OMEGA CHAMBER LOCKS AND MORE! Check us out on Facebook >>

Anyone looking for 9mm locks we have some back in stock as well as more .223 and 308.
    Extra 9mm keys also available.

New to the lineup is .20GA for over-unders and SxS's

http://www.technologydirectcanada.co...cturers_id=132

Cheers,

Frank

Our Website
    The Gun Nut formerly known as "The Sicilian" / Member: CSSA , Colby Shooting Club
    LUCID, G96, MORA, FROGLUBE, SPEEDLOADER SWIFT, OMEGA CHAMBER LOCKS AND MORE! Check us out on Facebook >>

HELP! I sold my soul to the internet blaxsun's Avatar
    Would Omega have anything that could work in a 6.8 SPC?
    "Before me things create were none, save things Eternal,
    and eternal I endure. All hope abandon ye who enter here."
    Tune in next week... Same
    Bat time, same Bat channel.

Quote Originally Posted by blaxsun View Post
    Would Omega have anything that could work in a 6.8 SPC?
    Hmmm.. not seeing anything in my catalogue but I will ask when I talk to them next week.

Cheers,

Frank

Our Website

Question for use in auto handguns: what's the best way get the slide to close and engage the rim of the Omega lock without allowing it to slam shut (and probably punishing the extractor)? Slowly close the slide and pushing the extractor around the rim of the lock until it clicks into battery? These locks won't feed into the chamber from the mag, I suppose, right?

Thanks,
    Kevin

Here ya go.. I think she can better explain the process

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7iowMb2VxCU

Pretty straightforward stuff once you see it.

Our Website

I saw that, but then she's allowing the slide to close on its own on the lock in the barrel. That's not terribly good for the extractor, is it, and can cause damage?

Quote Originally Posted by technikev View Post
    I saw that, but then she's allowing the slide to close on its own on the lock in the barrel. That's not terribly good for the extractor, is it, and can cause damage?
    It does the same thing with every round fired. I wouldn't hesitate doing it the way she did in the video.
    "Being smart beats politically correct every time." - Lisa Bedford