$vboptions[bbtitle]

Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ... 11131415161718192021222324 LastLast
Results 201 to 210 of 233

Thread: Omega Safety Systems Gun Locks - NOW IN STOCK

  1. #201
    Team Gunnutz thunder ridge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    ontario
    Posts
    41
    Quote Originally Posted by North Trail Sports View Post
    Good question and the short answer is yes, 9mm will work and no, there is no 7.62 x 25 available at this time. Here is a link to this very discussion on another forum.

    http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=79959
    Has anyone tried using the 9mm Omega lock in a 7.62 x 25? I did and it didn't work for me. Had to shave down the key width (as mentioned in the MD Shooters link) so the key would fit in the barrel, so the key is not an issue. The problem was when i released the slide with the Omega lock cartridge in the chamber, the gun (TT-33) was almost impossible to reopen the slide - that was before engaging the lock! And then after much effort i got the slide open but had to tap out the Omega lock cartridge to get it out of the gun. Seems that it doesn't quite fit right. It Locks yes, but you may never get it unlocked!

  2. #202
    Supporting Dealer North Trail Sports's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    765
    Quote Originally Posted by KNO3- View Post
    Anyone try the .223 one in there Tavor yet? I just received mine today and have two problems with it...

    1. The wrench only has a female socket end and not the 30 degree type as shown in the AR video, the small ejection port on the tavor doesnt allow me to turn the wrench enough to tighten or remove and get another bite. Only way i could see to solve this would be to have an extra long one, remove the bolt and go from the back.

    2. the lock doesnt seem to sit far enough inside the chamber because i cannot fully close the bolt, i would be concered about damage if i let the bolt close hard like it shows in the AR video. Im almost 100% sure that is is not hanging on the extractor as its sitting pretty far back.

    Yes i followed the instructions that came with it and yes i ensured that the aluminum expansion ring was at rest/lose and not expanded at all when i inserted it. I sent omega an email about it, hopefully they get back to me shortly.
    I'm sure Larry at Omega will help you out. I touched base with them last week and they are going nuts trying to meet demand at the moment. So if you don't hear back from him in a reasonable amount of time let me know and I will give it a nudge.

    Quote Originally Posted by thunder ridge View Post
    Has anyone tried using the 9mm Omega lock in a 7.62 x 25? I did and it didn't work for me. Had to shave down the key width (as mentioned in the MD Shooters link) so the key would fit in the barrel, so the key is not an issue. The problem was when i released the slide with the Omega lock cartridge in the chamber, the gun (TT-33) was almost impossible to reopen the slide - that was before engaging the lock! And then after much effort i got the slide open but had to tap out the Omega lock cartridge to get it out of the gun. Seems that it doesn't quite fit right. It Locks yes, but you may never get it unlocked!
    Perhaps shoot Omega an email as well. Larry might have some advice on this. If you don't get it resolved, let me know.

    -Frank

    NORTH TRAIL SPORTS.COM

    *FREE SHIPPING ON ORDERS OVER $75* *LOCAL SALES & PICKUP*
    FrogLube l Mora Knives l Omega Chamber Locks l ShotLock Gun Vaults l TekMat Gun Mats and more!
    Like us on Facebook
    Member CSSA / OFAH / Colby Shooting club

  3. #203
    Big Mouth KNO3-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Lower Mainland, BC
    Posts
    1,124
    I sent two emails to them over a week ago regarding this and havent heard back from them yet...

    Quote Originally Posted by North Trail Sports View Post
    I'm sure Larry at Omega will help you out. I touched base with them last week and they are going nuts trying to meet demand at the moment. So if you don't hear back from him in a reasonable amount of time let me know and I will give it a nudge.



    Perhaps shoot Omega an email as well. Larry might have some advice on this. If you don't get it resolved, let me know.

    -Frank

  4. #204
    Supporting Dealer North Trail Sports's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    765
    Quote Originally Posted by KNO3- View Post
    I sent two emails to them over a week ago regarding this and havent heard back from them yet...
    I spoke to Larry yesterday. He was assisting another customer of mine but mentioned he is way behind because of the craziness stateside. They are scrambling to get stock available. If you can send me a copy of your email, I will follow up.

    NORTH TRAIL SPORTS.COM

    *FREE SHIPPING ON ORDERS OVER $75* *LOCAL SALES & PICKUP*
    FrogLube l Mora Knives l Omega Chamber Locks l ShotLock Gun Vaults l TekMat Gun Mats and more!
    Like us on Facebook
    Member CSSA / OFAH / Colby Shooting club

  5. #205
    Big Mouth KNO3-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Lower Mainland, BC
    Posts
    1,124
    I PM'd you, thanks.

    Quote Originally Posted by North Trail Sports View Post
    I spoke to Larry yesterday. He was assisting another customer of mine but mentioned he is way behind because of the craziness stateside. They are scrambling to get stock available. If you can send me a copy of your email, I will follow up.

  6. #206
    Big Mouth KNO3-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Lower Mainland, BC
    Posts
    1,124
    Still havent heard back about this...should i email them again?

  7. #207
    Supporting Dealer North Trail Sports's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    765
    Quote Originally Posted by KNO3- View Post
    Still havent heard back about this...should i email them again?
    I emailed them again tonight and mentioned your issues. Hopefully we get a response this week.

    NORTH TRAIL SPORTS.COM

    *FREE SHIPPING ON ORDERS OVER $75* *LOCAL SALES & PICKUP*
    FrogLube l Mora Knives l Omega Chamber Locks l ShotLock Gun Vaults l TekMat Gun Mats and more!
    Like us on Facebook
    Member CSSA / OFAH / Colby Shooting club

  8. #208
    Member dangaa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    91
    When will you be getting more 9mm? Need 2 for the 9mm and one for a .22LR semi-automatic pistol

  9. #209
    CGN Regular kbracey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    474
    Just found out about these...and I want em! Went to the website to order and .22 auto, 9mm auto and .357 revolver is not listed. I assume out of stock? Please get more in asap. I really, really hate those bulky trigger locks!

  10. #210
    Supporting Dealer North Trail Sports's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    765
    Quote Originally Posted by dangaa View Post
    When will you be getting more 9mm? Need 2 for the 9mm and one for a .22LR semi-automatic pistol
    Unfortunately I can't even estimate. Last I heard Omega was selling 4 months ahead of their anticipated pace because of the silliness in the US. No pistol locks available to dealers at the moment. I made my plea yesterday to pry some away so we'll see where that goes. I will update when I know.

    NORTH TRAIL SPORTS.COM

    *FREE SHIPPING ON ORDERS OVER $75* *LOCAL SALES & PICKUP*
    FrogLube l Mora Knives l Omega Chamber Locks l ShotLock Gun Vaults l TekMat Gun Mats and more!
    Like us on Facebook
    Member CSSA / OFAH / Colby Shooting club

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
collapse blockhead options_correctBookmarks