$vboptions[bbtitle]

Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ... 11131415161718192021222324 LastLast

Thread: Omega Safety Systems Gun Locks - NOW IN STOCK

Quote Originally Posted by North Trail Sports View Post
    Good question and the short answer is yes, 9mm will work and no, there is no 7.62 x 25 available at this time. Here is a link to this very discussion on another forum.

http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=79959
    Has anyone tried using the 9mm Omega lock in a 7.62 x 25? I did and it didn't work for me. Had to shave down the key width (as mentioned in the MD Shooters link) so the key would fit in the barrel, so the key is not an issue. The problem was when i released the slide with the Omega lock cartridge in the chamber, the gun (TT-33) was almost impossible to reopen the slide - that was before engaging the lock! And then after much effort i got the slide open but had to tap out the Omega lock cartridge to get it out of the gun. Seems that it doesn't quite fit right. It Locks yes, but you may never get it unlocked!

Supporting Dealer North Trail Sports's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KNO3- View Post
    Anyone try the .223 one in there Tavor yet? I just received mine today and have two problems with it...

1. The wrench only has a female socket end and not the 30 degree type as shown in the AR video, the small ejection port on the tavor doesnt allow me to turn the wrench enough to tighten or remove and get another bite. Only way i could see to solve this would be to have an extra long one, remove the bolt and go from the back.

2. the lock doesnt seem to sit far enough inside the chamber because i cannot fully close the bolt, i would be concered about damage if i let the bolt close hard like it shows in the AR video. Im almost 100% sure that is is not hanging on the extractor as its sitting pretty far back.

Yes i followed the instructions that came with it and yes i ensured that the aluminum expansion ring was at rest/lose and not expanded at all when i inserted it. I sent omega an email about it, hopefully they get back to me shortly.
    I'm sure Larry at Omega will help you out. I touched base with them last week and they are going nuts trying to meet demand at the moment. So if you don't hear back from him in a reasonable amount of time let me know and I will give it a nudge.

Quote Originally Posted by thunder ridge View Post
    Has anyone tried using the 9mm Omega lock in a 7.62 x 25? I did and it didn't work for me. Had to shave down the key width (as mentioned in the MD Shooters link) so the key would fit in the barrel, so the key is not an issue. The problem was when i released the slide with the Omega lock cartridge in the chamber, the gun (TT-33) was almost impossible to reopen the slide - that was before engaging the lock! And then after much effort i got the slide open but had to tap out the Omega lock cartridge to get it out of the gun. Seems that it doesn't quite fit right. It Locks yes, but you may never get it unlocked!
    Perhaps shoot Omega an email as well. Larry might have some advice on this. If you don't get it resolved, let me know.

-Frank

NORTH TRAIL SPORTS.COM

*FREE SHIPPING ON ORDERS OVER $75* *LOCAL SALES & PICKUP*
    FrogLube l Mora Knives l Omega Chamber Locks l ShotLock Gun Vaults l TekMat Gun Mats and more!
    Like us on Facebook
    Member CSSA / OFAH / Colby Shooting club

I sent two emails to them over a week ago regarding this and havent heard back from them yet...

I'm sure Larry at Omega will help you out. I touched base with them last week and they are going nuts trying to meet demand at the moment. So if you don't hear back from him in a reasonable amount of time let me know and I will give it a nudge.

Perhaps shoot Omega an email as well. Larry might have some advice on this. If you don't get it resolved, let me know.

-Frank

I sent two emails to them over a week ago regarding this and havent heard back from them yet...
    I spoke to Larry yesterday. He was assisting another customer of mine but mentioned he is way behind because of the craziness stateside. They are scrambling to get stock available. If you can send me a copy of your email, I will follow up.

NORTH TRAIL SPORTS.COM

FrogLube l Mora Knives l Omega Chamber Locks l ShotLock Gun Vaults l TekMat Gun Mats and more!
    Like us on Facebook

I PM'd you, thanks.

I spoke to Larry yesterday. He was assisting another customer of mine but mentioned he is way behind because of the craziness stateside. They are scrambling to get stock available. If you can send me a copy of your email, I will follow up.

Still havent heard back about this...should i email them again?

Still havent heard back about this...should i email them again?
    I emailed them again tonight and mentioned your issues. Hopefully we get a response this week.

NORTH TRAIL SPORTS.COM

Like us on Facebook

When will you be getting more 9mm? Need 2 for the 9mm and one for a .22LR semi-automatic pistol

Just found out about these...and I want em! Went to the website to order and .22 auto, 9mm auto and .357 revolver is not listed. I assume out of stock? Please get more in asap. I really, really hate those bulky trigger locks!

Quote Originally Posted by dangaa View Post
    When will you be getting more 9mm? Need 2 for the 9mm and one for a .22LR semi-automatic pistol
    Unfortunately I can't even estimate. Last I heard Omega was selling 4 months ahead of their anticipated pace because of the silliness in the US. No pistol locks available to dealers at the moment. I made my plea yesterday to pry some away so we'll see where that goes. I will update when I know.

NORTH TRAIL SPORTS.COM

Like us on Facebook