Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Have a little shipping problem

If you have an issue with the shipping method used you should have checked before you finalized your order.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Jwirecom109's Avatar
    Think of it this way.

You could have ordered it, got it shipped cheap, lost it and had to reorder it at your cost, because you wanted the cheaper shipping. So you would have had to pay for the product twice and the cheap shipping twice.

Thinking about it that way just saved you money
    The Only good Zombie is a dead zombie. Unless that zombie is in a room full of liberal pigs, enjoy your gun control. - Jwirecom109 (ME!)
    A government is the most dangerous threat to man's rights: it holds a legal monopoly on the use of physical force against legally disarmed victims.” - Ayn Rand

Been there done that. If anything it's to protect the seller from people claiming they never received the package and want their money back.
    I personally always insist on a signature from the receiver.

Definitely sucks for cost. Lesson learned, always make sure to order MORE than the shipping costs

--------

You wanna know what really sucks?

I once ordered something from the US and the shipper screwed up the declared value stating $1000 instead of $100. Well I ended up paying the Post Office the CRAZY taxes they said I owed on $1000... "no problem" I thought, I'd just get my money back once I explained the situation to the right people.

Well, hard lesson learned, NEVER accept a package in the above scenario. The only way out is to not accept the package and have the shipper re-send
    Ugh... bad memories.

I wouldn't ever ship something without a tracking number, nor deal with anybody who would ship without a tracking number. Canada Post is crappy, at best, and when they mess up, and you don't have a tracking number, you end up blaming the seller.

Accusations fly, nothing gets solved. Shipping with a tracking number is worth the price.

I am currently waiting for a package that was shipped through Canada Post on Sept 21. Tomorrow will be 1 month since it was sent from Yarmouth(Nova Scotia) to Oakville(Toronto,Ont. area).It went from Yarmouth to Halifax in 1 1/2 days where it sat for almost 3 weeks. It has now made it to Toronto where it has been sitting for almost a week. I live 20 minutes from where it has been for a week. The shipper has been great. He filed the complaint with Canada Post 2 weeks ago asking where the package was.They wouldn't tell me anything. Their response was "There is no guaranteed delivery time on a regular parcel".Yet thier web site states 7-9 day for the type of shipment that was made So basically they can drop it off when ever they feel like it.
    I think they have lost it and are stalling for time.
    This is not the first time I've have issues with them.
    I had something shipped regular mail from California and it was in my hand in 9 days. Canada Post is a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by G37 View Post
    I once ordered something from the US and the shipper screwed up the declared value stating $1000 instead of $100. Well I ended up paying the Post Office the CRAZY taxes they said I owed on $1000... "no problem" I thought, I'd just get my money back once I explained the situation to the right people.

Well, hard lesson learned, NEVER accept a package in the above scenario. The only way out is to not accept the package and have the shipper re-send
    Ugh... bad memories.
    You can apply for a re-evaluation of duty. You most likely will have to pay a review fee (at least with UPS) as well as have the sender give them a signed receipt.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    I know it was my fault, should have asked. But I have sent a lot of stuff by regular mail in the last 10 years and so far never had a problem with people claiming they didn't get it - both EE and ebay, I don't believe those horror stories. It may happen but not much. I think it's like the government changing a law because of one single incident in 100 years and millions of people have to live with the consequences.

When I take small envelopes to the post office they try to fit it through this plastic device to determine if it's small enough to go regular mail. Otherwise I have to pay parcel rates. Most often the envelope is to thick to pass through and has to be shipped as a parcel. No idea if this is the case but sometimes you can't avoid the shipment going as a parcel.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    [QUOTE]since I mentioned that I need them fast /QUOTE]

are you not in the least embarrassed by that OP?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    [QUOTE=david doyle;6284401]
    since I mentioned that I need them fast /QUOTE]

are you not in the least embarrassed by that OP?
    I don't understand.

They shipped it expedited not Xpresspost.

Expedited parcel takes longer than standard letter.

They shipped it slow and expensive.

Xpresspost would have been the fastest but they didn't chose that - and it would have been no more expensive.

Please read first since I pointed this already out.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast