Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Have a little shipping problem

CGN Ultra frequent flyer

Have a little shipping problem

Ordered some small parts, staff was friendly as usual. BUT what bothers me is that the small parts I ordered could have been sent letter mail for $1.40, instead it was sent expedited (with signature!?) for over $16 (total value of the parts was $12).

I would have understood it if you would have send it Xpress (prob about the same price), so I get it faster since I mentioned that I need them fast but this, doesn't make sense.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Jwirecom109's Avatar
    Standard shipping is my guess everyone gets the same treatment.
    I would rather pay more and i know i am getting the product then it to show up in a plastic bag lol
    The Only good Zombie is a dead zombie. Unless that zombie is in a room full of liberal pigs, enjoy your gun control. - Jwirecom109 (ME!)
    A government is the most dangerous threat to man's rights: it holds a legal monopoly on the use of physical force against legally disarmed victims.” - Ayn Rand

CGN Ultra frequent flyer SigWig's Avatar
    if a letter goes missing there is nothing they can do about it.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer CeeZer's Avatar
    Totally up to the shipper. You should have spoken this over before paying thou.

I have my own rule - small part/s under $25 that can be mailed as letter - go as letter.
    Anything over $25-35 and up to $100 worth - Expedited ($100 insurance is included).
    More than $100 - extra insurance and Expedited.
    Gun/s - Expedited with proper/full insurance and signature.

Never had anything lost. One package was once delivered to wrong address, but then re-delivered to proper one 2 days later.

But.. I always check with the buyer first if he is ok with proposed shipping method. I actually had a few parcels shipped totally free (to buyer) via a particular 'carrier' suggested by the buyer (well, I had to pack it free of charge to buyer).
    There is no greater tyranny than that which is perpetrated under the shield of the law.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Jwirecom109's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CeeZer View Post
    Totally up to the shipper. You should have spoken this over before paying thou.

I have my own rule - small part/s under $25 that can be mailed as letter - go as letter.
    Anything over $25-35 and up to $100 worth - Expedited ($100 insurance is included).
    More than $100 - extra insurance and Expedited.
    Gun/s - Expedited with proper/full insurance and signature.

Never had anything lost. One package was once delivered to wrong address, but then re-delivered to proper one 2 days later.
    Lost a package last week glad I sent it with insurance.
    The Only good Zombie is a dead zombie. Unless that zombie is in a room full of liberal pigs, enjoy your gun control. - Jwirecom109 (ME!)
    A government is the most dangerous threat to man's rights: it holds a legal monopoly on the use of physical force against legally disarmed victims.” - Ayn Rand

Don't feel bad, I had a return postage credit for $3 and thought I'd use it up before it got lost in the shuffle and bought an $8 part and they sent it out UPS next day and cost me $18 for shipping. Sure glad it was insured though, could have been a huge loss
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------O

Reloaders just want their ammo to go bang, Handloaders want all their rounds through the same hole.

Adam

Expired Business
    SCIANNA54;
    "Ordered some small parts, staff was friendly as usual. BUT what bothers me is that the small parts I ordered could have been sent letter mail for $1.40, instead it was sent expedited (with signature!?) for over $16 (total value of the parts was $12)."

I don't doubt your word here, however we don't show any person named Scianna54 in our data base....
    Unless specified we send ALL shipments signature and insured.... Our experience has shown that unless we have the signature feature customers were claiming non receipt of items....
    Small pointy or sharp items have a tendency to tear through even padded envelopes when they travel through Canada Post "destroy mail" machinery....

John

Expired Business
    SIG WIG; "if a letter goes missing there is nothing they can do about it. "

Exactly....

John

BANNED
    I can see the frustration, but this one is a no brainer.

I ship things daily that could go oversized letter mail, but as mentioned, there is no insurance, or proof of delivery.

Nothing I ship goes out letter mail.

That said interestingly enough I have found letter mail to be faster than expedited with CP many times. LOL.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer colinjw's Avatar
    From a personal point of view, sending a small part by regular mail seems to make some sense.

However, from a business point of view, I have to agree with Marstar's shipping policy.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast