Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Promags new 9-22 (Ruger) mag review.

CGN Regular
    1 with shell ordered. I have a SR22 (factory release) and a 10/22 (aftermarket release).
    As soon as the mag shows up, I'll head to the indoor range (~6 blocks from work), and see how it goes. Just have to remember to throw all my .22 stuff back in the car after the weekend.

Got these to the range this afternoon to test the new 9-22 mags, a rough job, but someone needed to do it, 4 random mags, 300 rounds. I had a few ammo related duds & a few failing to feed from a full mag, i realized they were denting the cases trying to get the full 25 rds in. They are hard to load 25 rds & i went with 23 instead & they ran 100%!! Used 525 bulk pak, Blazers & american eagle, all functioning perfectly. Promag nailed it this time, unlike some of their prior mags....

High Caliber Service Corp, Proudly serving the shooting Community since 2008. Canada’s largest assortment of Firearm accessories online & in store, 33154 1st ave, Mission, BC. V2V 1G4

We offer PAL, RPAL & CORE courses for the Fraser valley/ Vancouver area: www.palcore.ca

Call us at 604-BUY-GUNS, (289-4867) or at hical@shaw.ca

Like us on Facebook for all the latest info

SERVICE is our middle name!

Sounds good.

I've yet to get out and shoot my Marauder, hopefully I don't have the same mag issues others have had. Looks like I will have to pick up a few of these newer mags in the near future.

Dave... dont give me false hope here buddy.

Quote Originally Posted by hical.ca View Post
    I had a few ammo related duds & a few failing to feed from a full mag, i realized they were denting the cases trying to get the full 25 rds in. They are hard to load 25 rds & i went with 23 instead & they ran 100%!! ... Promag nailed it this time, unlike some of their prior mags....
    Although It looks like I will most likely be going with this kind of mag if it gets lots more positive reviews (providing there is a mag loader for it for sale one day) Im curious on how promag nailed it, if the magazine doesnt reliablely go through 25 rounds, which is what they are advertised to do? I would think that a 25 round mag, that only works well with 23 rounds, is a mag that does not work well. And you said the case gets dented...?

Im new to these aftermarket mags, so I was just hoping to get clarification please as it sorta sounds like you said they both work good, and dont work good! Thanks.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer lone-wolf's Avatar
    If they work with 23rds, break in will prob be needed to feed the full 25rds.
    The wild still lingered in him and the wolf in him merely slept

"It must be poor life that achieves freedom from fear" - Aldo Leopold

Quote Originally Posted by lone-wolf View Post
    If they work with 23rds, break in will prob be needed to feed the full 25rds.
    My thoughts as well, We have sent out lots of mags already so you will be seeing a lot of feedback on these mags very soon.
    High Caliber Service Corp, Proudly serving the shooting Community since 2008. Canada’s largest assortment of Firearm accessories online & in store, 33154 1st ave, Mission, BC. V2V 1G4

We offer PAL, RPAL & CORE courses for the Fraser valley/ Vancouver area: www.palcore.ca

Quote Originally Posted by preppypyro View Post
    Although It looks like I will most likely be going with this kind of mag if it gets lots more positive reviews (providing there is a mag loader for it for sale one day) Im curious on how promag nailed it, if the magazine doesnt reliablely go through 25 rounds, which is what they are advertised to do? I would think that a 25 round mag, that only works well with 23 rounds, is a mag that does not work well. And you said the case gets dented...?

Im new to these aftermarket mags, so I was just hoping to get clarification please as it sorta sounds like you said they both work good, and dont work good! Thanks.
    Im just giving my experience with some brand new mags, if you want the most reliable mags, go with the Ruger 10 rd rotary mags, $18 on the webstore. Most people are willing to sacrifice a few rounds for the great look of the new mag, as long as they feed properly.

So the -22 means they are 22 round mags? what does the 9 mean?

9-22 = 9mm look, .22 cal.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast