Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Promags new 9-22 (Ruger) mag review.

I have no issues loading 26 rounds into my gen 1 mag. The last 3 or 4 rounds get a little tougher but they all fit and feed fine. I only load to 25 now, though, and usually lock the bolt first before inserting the mag. Zero issues so far after 400 rounds.

Will wait for my gen 2 mags to come in and see if they make things better/worse/same.

Quote Originally Posted by lone-wolf View Post
    If they work with 23rds, break in will prob be needed to feed the full 25rds.
    I get it, thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by hical.ca View Post
    Most people are willing to sacrifice a few rounds for the great look of the new mag, as long as they feed properly.
    Yeah as I am as well, just new to aftermarket stuff, and just wanted to get clarification, will be watching for more reviews for sure. I realize the factory 10 shot are reliable, but who wants only 10 shots?!

These seem to be loosening up as they are being used, insert in an open bolt if you load them fully at first. Give us your feedback!
    High Caliber Service Corp, Proudly serving the shooting Community since 2008. Canada’s largest assortment of Firearm accessories online & in store, 33154 1st ave, Mission, BC. V2V 1G4

We offer PAL, RPAL & CORE courses for the Fraser valley/ Vancouver area: www.palcore.ca

Call us at 604-BUY-GUNS, (289-4867) or at hical@shaw.ca

Like us on Facebook for all the latest info

SERVICE is our middle name!

Thanks Dave! Just got the mag today. Here's some photos for Gen 1 (left) vs. Gen 2 (right):

Back of mags seem identical

New front steel pin feels solid

You can see the difference here with the revised feed-control spring

Here's another difference, the new steel front pin sticks out more, and seems to lock the mag into the receiver much better

Mag's seating positing seems good, identical to my Gen 1 mag

Overall the Gen 2 mags seem to fit a little tighter into the receiver, but otherwise identical to Gen 1. I've had good experience with Gen 1 mags so far and I expect the same from these new Gen 2s. Also, the materials used on these Gen 2 mags look a little different... maybe something to do with the molding process, no idea. The texture looks a little different for sure.

Will update with some range reports this weekend!
    Last edited by Bonjour43ma; 11-01-2011 at 11:59 PM.

We have shipped lots of these mags out now, lets see some range report from everyone!
    High Caliber Service Corp, Proudly serving the shooting Community since 2008. Canada’s largest assortment of Firearm accessories online & in store, 33154 1st ave, Mission, BC. V2V 1G4

We offer PAL, RPAL & CORE courses for the Fraser valley/ Vancouver area: www.palcore.ca

Im just chiming in again, wondering if any sr22 owners that have bought these mags, got the mags to fit with a extended mag release lever (proper term?) and if so, what brand of mag release?

Ive seen in another thread where a guy has shown that he cant get the .223 looking mag to fit, but cant seem to find if anyone did yet, or how they did.

Quote Originally Posted by preppypyro View Post
    Im just chiming in again, wondering if any sr22 owners that have bought these mags, got the mags to fit with a extended mag release lever (proper term?) and if so, what brand of mag release?

Ive seen in another thread where a guy has shown that he cant get the .223 looking mag to fit, but cant seem to find if anyone did yet, or how they did.
    We have done it on the SR22 & the Archangel kits, they look great . We have the extended mag releases also, you need to use them.

9mm version, with the cover removed.

Excellent hical, you have been super helpful, those rifles look great!

CGN Regular
    I hope to be able to test mine tomorrow. It didn't show up until today (FedEx ), and there was no way for me to get to the range today.

My Archangel looks more at home with the AR now!

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast