Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: rapid fire range rule?

From what I heard it was some goofs bump-firing their SKS's that started the whole thing. But rumors are just rumors.

I don't mind rapid fire, but when guys are trying to bump fire an sks from the hip, bouncing rounds off the wall. Thats where I draw the line. I've seen this first hand at the edge.

The only thing I don't like is the guys with the huge caliber pistols and big muzzle breaks, or whatever else they do to make their gun as loud as possible. Don't get me wrong, they have every bit a right to be there as I do, but I literally cannot shoot while they are there, even with the best plugs & muffs - it's like getting punched in the head every time they fire. I leave the range with a headache too (nothing else does that to me). I see other people leave the range or put down their guns too, when these guys arrive, and just wait until they are done.

The rapid fire doesn't bother me at all, if it's with a smaller caliber or a gun that isn't modified to be extremely loud.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer mwjones's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kveldulf View Post
    There's something very satisfying about holding a nine in each hand, blasting away at full tilt, and counting twenty holes in the target.
    It would be nicer if there was 34 holes in the target :S

Quote Originally Posted by mwjones View Post
    It would be nicer if there was 34 holes in the target :S
    Agreed!

Quote Originally Posted by chopper 1 View Post
    Unfortunately many inexperienced shooters blast away with SKS's etc. and you can see the barrel climb with each shot until bullets whiz over the berms.
    everytime i hear about problems at the range , sure enough there are talks that a sks is involved... im all for affordable guns, well maybe not ALL of them.

cheap gun + cheap ammo + careless shooters= more restrictive policies for everyone, especially those who do own sks's and are using it in a responsible manner.

I have never heard about a rule regarding rapid fire at my range (FRPC). However like many others have said you will still get bitchy looks from others. Be safe and communicate your intentions with others is the best advice I can give.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    "Lions need not concern themselves with the opinions of lambs"
    Member of CCFR.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    One club near here specifically prohibits rapid firing, more than two rounds in the mag at the indoor range, and anything but bench shots at the outdoor range. It's 10 minutes from my house. I joined a club 20 minutes past that because I don't like the restrictions. (plus I like the people there better )
    Don't take anything I say too seriously, my sarcasm doesn't always come through in my typing.
    Those who don't understand history are doomed to repeat it.
    Preparedness trumps response every time

Quote Originally Posted by ALLS London View Post
    One club near here specifically prohibits rapid firing, more than two rounds in the mag at the indoor range, and anything but bench shots at the outdoor range. It's 10 minutes from my house. I joined a club 20 minutes past that because I don't like the restrictions. (plus I like the people there better )
    Might as well just show the ####ing place down.

All the people who go there are probs near their death bed anyway.
    Originally Posted by Armedsask
    Bringing up the XCR is like arguing my Grandma is good at basketball because she once saw a black man.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuco Pike View Post
    You sir are the reason why some people should have to pay before they are permitted to speak. I have never seen such stupidity on here before. Picking on his weight? I mean are we 5 years old? Pick on his policies, pick on his work ethic, something that actually matters.

Yes, Ford is certainly an idiot. He is trying to get the sportsmen show back on city land instead of funding McSquinty. What an idiot. He is working to remove Millers restrictions that affected the ranges in T.O.. What an idiot. He has stated that gun laws are a Federal matter and he has no interest in meddling with them on a Municipal level. Complete idiot. A guy that comes along and sticks his nose where it belongs and keeps his nose out of where it doesn't belong, for a change, and we call him an idiot. Has everyone forgotten David Miller? We really are our own worst enemies.
    Ahhhhh. I see what you did there.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast