Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: rapid fire range rule?

Yea its 2 seconds between shots at silverdale, and it often ruins the fun with the cheap shooting. I got in trouble with my 22 1911 and its a bit tiring when you just wanna have a bit of fun. I'll probably look for another range to shoot at....and yea ford is an idiot.

in qc, not only some ranges (more precisely, some Range officers)forbid rapid fire, they sometimes forbid more than one round in military style rifles ar-15's m-14's (sks is a sure target for range nazis)

i personally have had no problems in the past, though it probably helps that i dont like to waste 20 bucks worth of ammo in 60 seconds...and if i want to double tap, i usually dont do it next to a shooter who spends 5 minutes centering his rifle and scope for that perfect shot down range.
    I have been in the sport for many years, and i think its just as disrespectfull when a fudd shoots one or 2 bullets , then steps away from his gun and yaps for 40 minutes with his buddy on how bad it is to hear the racket of rapid fire, not giving a f... that they are holding up a shooting spot from somebody else.

Youtube is full of examples of fun gone wrong...
    im glad to see that most of the darwin award nominees do not reside in canada

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Jericho's Avatar
    Nothing wrong with blasting as many rounds as you can... as long as they're down range and into the target/backstop. Otherwise, I can definitely understand people complaining... however I've visited a few ranges and sure despise the 'big bad broody rooster' type.

There should be only 2 rules:

Be safe
    If you are safe then there are no restrictions.

Blast away

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Jericho's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by king cobra View Post
    in qc, not only some ranges (more precisely, some Range officers)forbid rapid fire, they sometimes forbid more than one round in military style rifles ar-15's m-14's (sks is a sure target for range nazis)

i personally have had no problems in the past, though it probably helps that i dont like to waste 20 bucks worth of ammo in 60 seconds...and if i want to double tap, i usually dont do it next to a shooter who spends 5 minutes centering his rifle and scope for that perfect shot down range.
    I have been in the sport for many years, and i think its just as disrespectfull when a fudd shoots one or 2 bullets , then steps away from his gun and yaps for 40 minutes with his buddy on how bad it is to hear the racket of rapid fire, not giving a f... that they are holding up a shooting spot from somebody else.
    I don't mind guys like that... if they can't shoot with someone shooting beside them, they have lots of learnin' to do!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Tex Critter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TSE JR View Post
    While we do allow rapid (controlled) fire, we do not allow one shooter to shoot with a firearm in EACH hand.

JR
    Well!.......... If Bruce Willis can do it I want to do it too.:D
    Tex (a Romanian, Polish, German, Austrian, Scottish, English, Bavarian, Bohemian, Irish Canadian from Saskatchewan)
    Cede Nullis
    NO GREATER LOVE HATH A MAN THAN THAT HE WOULD GIVE UP HIS LIFE FOR ANOTHER.
    Time spent on Recce is seldom wasted

Ranges that put restrictions on shot speed ####ING SUCK.

I'm not a blaster by any means (anymore

But #### it if I don't like to double tap sometimes.

####ing Fudds.
    Originally Posted by Armedsask
    Bringing up the XCR is like arguing my Grandma is good at basketball because she once saw a black man.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Tuco Pike's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CMackenzie87 View Post
    BTW Blob Ford's an ######.
    Come on, 9-1-1 multiple times for the lady from this hour has 22 minutes with her xena outfit and plastic sword?
    What a pathetic bubblegum bodied rich-boy ass.
    My cat has more balls regardless of them being liquified and drained.
    You sir are the reason why some people should have to pay before they are permitted to speak. I have never seen such stupidity on here before. Picking on his weight? I mean are we 5 years old? Pick on his policies, pick on his work ethic, something that actually matters.

Quote Originally Posted by Pule View Post
    nd yea ford is an idiot.
    Yes, Ford is certainly an idiot. He is trying to get the sportsmen show back on city land instead of funding McSquinty. What an idiot. He is working to remove Millers restrictions that affected the ranges in T.O.. What an idiot. He has stated that gun laws are a Federal matter and he has no interest in meddling with them on a Municipal level. Complete idiot. A guy that comes along and sticks his nose where it belongs and keeps his nose out of where it doesn't belong, for a change, and we call him an idiot. Has everyone forgotten David Miller? We really are our own worst enemies.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer chopper 1's Avatar

rapid fire

Quote Originally Posted by CDNJackpot View Post
    Well more than 1 shot every two seconds seems to get RO's attention enough to come and say something. Not to mention they have signs posted. Funny you mention the SKS as that's what got me my first warning. All things considered, Silverdale is the best facility, especially for non-members. I just wish there was a little more trust in shooters. I guess that the incompetence of the few ruin it for the rest. As for Rob Ford, he's a douche, but he won by a landslide, sad that he was THAT much more favored than any other candidate but whatev.

CDN
    Silverdale is an open club allowing many non members to use the facilities.

Unfortunately many inexperienced shooters blast away with SKS's etc. and you can see the barrel climb with each shot until bullets whiz over the berms.

Then the police arrive and shut down the club.

For the benefit of ALL, the rapid fire rule was instituted.

For ANYONE qualified (IPSC TDSA IDPA POLICE ARMY ETC.), rapid fire IS allowed under each disciplines guidelines.

(By the way - we can no longer shoot full auto due to CFO policy re civilian ranges). That really bummed me out - not a safety issue - a CFO idiot issue.

Quote Originally Posted by chopper 1 View Post
    Silverdale is an open club allowing many non members to use the facilities.

Unfortunately many inexperienced shooters blast away with SKS's etc. and you can see the barrel climb with each shot until bullets whiz over the berms.

Then the police arrive and shut down the club.

For the benefit of ALL, the rapid fire rule was instituted.

For ANYONE qualified (IPSC TDSA IDPA POLICE ARMY ETC.), rapid fire IS allowed under each disciplines guidelines.

(By the way - we can no longer shoot full auto due to CFO policy re civilian ranges). That really bummed me out - not a safety issue - a CFO idiot issue.

I can appreciated that, but a novice shooter, who wishes to join one (or all) of the disciplines you mentioned, need to practice somewhere. If not Silverdale, then where?
    Thanks...Mark

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast