Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: rapid fire range rule?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Dexter Morgan's Avatar
    " Yes, Ford is certainly an idiot. He is trying to get the sportsmen show back on city land instead of funding McSquinty. What an idiot. He is working to remove Millers restrictions that affected the ranges in T.O.. What an idiot. He has stated that gun laws are a Federal matter and he has no interest in meddling with them on a Municipal level. Complete idiot. A guy that comes along and sticks his nose where it belongs and keeps his nose out of where it doesn't belong, for a change, and we call him an idiot. Has everyone forgotten David Miller? We really are our own worst enemies. "

For those of you who have forgotten David Miller, here is a reminder.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jc06nT2gvjw

I can't imagine shooting at a range that wouldn't let me shoot as fast as I can safely do so if I please!!!
    with great power comes great responsibility.

I've seen guys doing bump-firing with AR's at the Edge.

Let me tell you, there were NOT the sharpest tools in the shed. Or let me put it another way: they were the type of guys that make Alberta red-necks look like complete douchebag a$$ hats.

And you know why they do it? I took a good watch of them for a bit. They do it because they're trying to look cool, to impress their buddy that they took to the range, and to get attention - positive or negative - from other shooters around them.

There's no control in bump-firing...you can't aim the weapon like that. You just spray. Even if you keep the barrel pointed properly down range, you're still just spraying like an idiot. There is absolutely ZERO point to bump firing, OTHER THAN BEING AN IDIOT, because you think it's cool. It's not limited to SKS owners...

In any case, I DO rapid fire at the Edge all the time. I do it with my XCR to practice holding my eyes wide open for all 10 rounds, keeping the optics on target, and getting as small a group as I can on the target. I also do it with my pistols and for the same reason. And I do it holding the weapons like a civilized human being.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Tuco Pike's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ccwcanada View Post
    I do it holding the weapons like a civilized human being.
    But us civilized human beings don't call them weapons.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer cereal83's Avatar
    I am pretty sure the Barrie gun club has a no rapid fire rule. Stupid if you ask me.
    The server is too busy at the moment. Please try again later.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuco Pike View Post
    But us civilized human beings don't call them weapons.
    Oh I see...you call them by some other more ambiguous name such that it doesn't disturb your liberal sensibilities...got it...wouldn't want to have to face reality now...

I'm wondering then.. Maybe the standard "no rapid fire" is localized to Ontario ranges. I know Oshawa also had a sign posted about 1 shot every 2 seconds at the rifle range when I was a member there.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by ALLS London View Post
    One club near here specifically prohibits rapid firing, more than two rounds in the mag at the indoor range, and anything but bench shots at the outdoor range.
    I can't believe that a club near a city can have rules that restrictive and still have enough members to stay in business.

Two rounds in a magazine would drive me nuts.

Ever try suggesting some time, maybe one night a week, where like minded shooters can get together and rapid fire their wallets empty?

My club instituted something like this a while back, and its been fairly harmonious ever since.

Offical The Shooting Edge Rep.
    Anyone who is unsure of rapid fire rules here, has never shot with me

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Tuco Pike's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cereal83 View Post
    I am pretty sure the Barrie gun club has a no rapid fire rule. Stupid if you ask me.
    Nope. Only new, non disciplined folks have to go through the learning process.

Quote Originally Posted by ccwcanada View Post
    Oh I see...you call them by some other more ambiguous name such that it doesn't disturb your liberal sensibilities...got it...wouldn't want to have to face reality now...
    Yup, my Ford supporting, FED UP Rally attending, CSSA & MP writing Liberal sensibilities. Where was my head? I guess the big laughing guys at the front and end of my response got past you eh? But truth be told, they are only weapons to those who use them as such (just like a bat or a car would be); to the rest of us not living in the zombie apocalypse the term gun or firearm serves us well. I really don't find the words gun or firearm to be "ambiguous" as we all know exactly what they mean. I would think the term "weapon" is a lot more ambiguous no? As it could mean a firearm, knife, bat, car, mobile home, couch, computer, chainsaw, dog, etc., etc., etc..

Again must be my Liberal Sensibilities coming out. Gun Owners REALLY are our own worst enemies.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast