Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: S&W 629 "Canadian Edition"

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by ptr308 View Post
    Hey folks, found this picture of a Model 29 that was a custom build from S&W with a 4 1/2" barrel. They rave about the the nice proportions of the partial underlug and the barrel to frame proportions. I tend to agree, something like this in 4.25" Stainless 629 would be amazing. The bead blasted finish from the previous post I made would finish this off as a truly "Canadian" special run.
    Thanks for bringing in the 4.2 686 guys. We appreciate the efforts by Dom and the guys.

Custom 4 1/2" Model 29
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG]

Bead Blast Finish on 4"
    [/IMG]
    both of those look great. so have we confirmed that a 4.2 inch is comming out this year?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Pancake81's Avatar
    I would like to know more about that custom model 29. That would be a dream gun for me.
    April 05, 2012 - The Day We Turned Back Time

My Guns Only Have TWO Enemies... Rust & Politicians
    Hi Wendy

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by Pancake81 View Post
    I would like to know more about that custom model 29. That would be a dream gun for me.
    agreed it looks so sexy. God id be broke really quick if i had a prohib licence. There are so many beautys out there.

BANNED
    The shortest smith 44 mag we can own at the moment in Canada is 5 inchs correct?

Quote Originally Posted by GunGuy34 View Post
    The shortest smith 44 mag we can own at the moment in Canada is 5 inchs correct?
    4.2" technically, that's what most Canadian versions settle on. You can have a smith cut down a 6" as far as I know as well.
    Red Dragons!

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by Uberfiend View Post
    4.2" technically, that's what most Canadian versions settle on. You can have a smith cut down a 6" as far as I know as well.
    i just mean that 5 inchs is whats available. I know we can legally own 4.2 but its yet to exist.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Tuco Pike's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GunGuy34 View Post
    i just mean that 5 inchs is whats available. I know we can legally own 4.2 but its yet to exist.
    Ruger make the Redhawk in 44 mag and 45 Colt with the 4.2" barrel. Had the 45 Colt, loved it, but I already have lots of 45 Colt guns so I am still waiting for my two in 44 magnum to show up.

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuco Pike View Post
    Ruger make the Redhawk in 44 mag and 45 Colt with the 4.2" barrel. Had the 45 Colt, loved it, but I already have lots of 45 Colt guns so I am still waiting for my two in 44 magnum to show up.
    i know, i owned one, bought it on impulse and couldnt afford to keep it was broke at the time. Sold it to pancake lol.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Pancake81's Avatar
    Haha, and we're both looking for another 4.2 inch .44 mag. The ruger is a tank, great shooter, good balance, but pulls my pants down when it's in the holster. I would be in heaven if smith did a 4.2 blued .44.

I am not a fan of the key lock, and prefer blues guns, so I may just choP one down myself.
    April 05, 2012 - The Day We Turned Back Time

My Guns Only Have TWO Enemies... Rust & Politicians
    Hi Wendy

That stainless is a beauty. Drool.
    What is the "key lock"?