Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: TNW Suomi and PPSH-41

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Tyockell18's Avatar
    I didnt see his mention of the having it similar price, im pretty use to seeing guns go for double anyway so I figured throw in the new manufactured barrels and it'd be around a gran give or take.

Anyway All I know is I want the damn thing, if I could take it in the bush moneys not a big issue for me. I'd much rather pay through the nose for one of these than say a Tavor "bleh!"

I'm sick of the boring borderline lame selection of legal firearms available up here. I love com bloc style firearms but most of the nice ones are prohibited . Well come to think of it, basically all the firearms I wish to own I can't... its a real kick in the nuts.
    A Member and Donator to the CCFR.

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyockell18 View Post
    I didnt see his mention of the having it similar price, im pretty use to seeing guns go for double anyway so I figured throw in the new manufactured barrels and it'd be around a gran give or take.

Anyway All I know is I want the damn thing, if I could take it in the bush moneys not a big issue for me. I'd much rather pay through the nose for one of these than say a Tavor "bleh!"

I'm sick of the boring borderline lame selection of legal firearms available up here. I love com bloc style firearms but most of the nice ones are prohibited . Well come to think of it, basically all the firearms I wish to own I can't... its a real kick in the nuts.
    The Suomi is a nice gun for sure but heavyyyy. The barrel on it now is already aftermarket and heavier then the stock one...add a few more inches and it gets even heavier!!!

I love this gun...sure non-restricted is nice but if it means more money (it will!!!) and take longer to get around (probably will!!!) then I would rather have it sooner/cheaper.

Expired Business
    CADGO;
    "John are you expecting multiple shipments or is this a one time thing? How long does their export license last?"

I'm a little confused here, multiple shipments ?? we will order as many shipment as required to supply the demand here in Canada....

I'm not certain why the dating of our export license in the US has anything to do with the product ??

John

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyockell18 View Post
    I'd pay the $1000 + or - a few hundred for a non restricted one.
    John mentioned that the price will be close to the US, list is $449 there.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer fat tony's Avatar
    a forward observation post in the L-F-H horizon, or Nova Scotia
    Say the TNW Suomi was classified the same way in the states as it is here. (this is not a political argument). Do you think it would be a popular rifle sales wise?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Tyockell18's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by scianna54 View Post
    John mentioned that the price will be close to the US, list is $449 there.
    For restricted yes I see that now, I don't see the purpose in owning a restricted firearm personally however.

Quote Originally Posted by fat tony View Post
    Say the TNW Suomi was classified the same way in the states as it is here. (this is not a political argument). Do you think it would be a popular rifle sales wise?
    I think they would, there are few and far between legal available firearms here in canada that resemble anything like these. Perhaps I am a rarity but I much prefer to own rugged, borderline crude/ugly firearms than others. Perhaps this is why I have such an obssession for AK's.
    A Member and Donator to the CCFR.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer H Wally's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Avalonthas View Post
    why
    Bahahahaha - I think he even answered that question a page or two back

It must be maddening to be asked the same question several times per thread.

FYI it's because it's deemed some sort of military weapon by the states and some agency there has ruled that they cannot be exported to non-government/LEO groups/commercially.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer 5440fight's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by H Wally View Post
    It must be maddening to be asked the same question several times per thread.
    Is this restricted?

I like how everytime a new product is shown, there's a dozen "should have done this" and "why can't you get these" statements. Here it is, this is what it does. No, it isn't one of those, nor are we talking about those. No, I don't know where you can get one of those...
    "Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not." ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

CGN Ultra frequent flyer fat tony's Avatar
    a forward observation post in the L-F-H horizon, or Nova Scotia
    I think it's worth the price even still. The Suomi worked very well when it was called upon to get the job done. The pics I have seen of this rifle show a very well constructed hell for stout firearm. Now if we can get that restricted/barrel length gov't bulls**t cleared away, it would be even better.

I have read stories where Finn soldiers fighting in the Winter war found the Suomi great for small game hunting (picking off crows to eat). IIRC they loaded only one or two rounds in the mag and/or used trigger manipulation to fire single shots.

I also heard that Max Manus preferred the short barreled version of the Suomi, and allegedly, when he was parading around with the King Of Norway when the Germans were defeated, he was riding shotgun with a Suomi, instead of a Sten as depicted in the motion picture about him.
    Last edited by fat tony; 11-05-2011 at 08:08 PM.

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by johnone View Post
    CADGO;
    "John are you expecting multiple shipments or is this a one time thing? How long does their export license last?"

I'm a little confused here, multiple shipments ?? we will order as many shipment as required to supply the demand here in Canada....

I'm not certain why the dating of our export license in the US has anything to do with the product ??

John
    Well wasn't that why the 1919s and M2s couldnt be exported anymore? Because the US gov issued an export permit and then after it expired decided they couldn't be exported anymore? And by the first question I just meant that if they continue to sell will there be more shipments but you kind of answered it with your response.