Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: New caliber to convert .32 acp pistols to restricted

CGN Ultra frequent flyer UCSPanther's Avatar
    I'd like to see some pictures of the .32ACP cartridge vs .30 reid cartridge.

Maybe I could get my hands on a restricted only Mauser HSC or CZ 50/CZ 70 with this setup.
    Target sighted...Range set (Panther quote from Earth 2150)

Proud member of the mini 14 cult

"The 1990s: The other dark age" - my quote

Great news!...any plans to do something similar for the revolver crowd....32 Colt, .32 S&W, .32-20 and so on?

CGN Regular
    Just to remind everyone that once the very last prohib is off your PAL, you lose prohib license for good.
    Convert however many you soul likes, but if you want to be able to buy prohibs, keep the very last one!
    Keep the last one.
    Last edited by Glockenshpiel; 03-17-2012 at 11:10 AM.
    "The semi-automatic weapons’ menacing looks, coupled with the public’s confusion over fully automatic machine guns versus semi-automatic assault weapons — anything that looks like a machine gun is assumed to be a machine gun — can only increase that chance of public support for restrictions on these weapons." — Josh Sugarmann, 1988

Quick question, does anyone know the barrel length of the Colt 1903 Pocket Hammerless? and if this conversion could be applied to this pistol?

I believe the 1903 runs 3 3/4" to 4" depending on the version. Epps would need to rebarrel with a new .30 cal barrel anyway so they would make it a bit longer than the prohib length. It would extend a bit past the slide but that's not the end of the world.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    I wonder - could these be rebarrelled with a barrel stamped '7.65 mm Browning?' That would take 32acp brass, bullets and dies as-is because 7.65mm is the euro designation for the 32 ACP; which is, of course, not *actually* a '32 caliber' at all (just like the 38 special is actually closer to a 36 caliber than a 38, for example)

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Ar180shooter's Avatar

That's awesome news! Now to find the right pistol to have converted...
    "If everybody you meet is an a$shole, then you're probably the problem, not them."

BANNED
    WOW! What a winning Idea! Good job Epps.

did the cfc change their policy again on cal change? I thought change in cal would not make .32's restricted as the receiver was always prohib. they seem to change back and forth every few years.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Gatehouse's Avatar
    While I'm not interested in these pistols, I think it's fantastic that this is able to be done. Great thinking and maybe there are some other style guns that can be converted to *whatever* too.
    375 Ruger is the NEW KING of the .375's. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast