Page 17 of 23 FirstFirst ... 791011121314151617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: CZ 858 Magwell adapters.

Is this polymer or metal?

BANNED
    im in on the B&T Adapter for my CSA 556. Awesome !

CGN Ultra frequent flyer pres717's Avatar
    Sounds good!
    "I like guns, I like the way they look,
    I like the shiny steel and the polished wood.
    I don´t care if they´re big or small,
    if they´re for sale, hell, I want´em all!
    I like guns, I like guns, I like guns!"
    (Steve Lee)

The B&T adapter is aluminum and designed for the CZ 858 in 7.62 x 39, we have successfully fitted these into CSA 7.62x39 guns.

I believe the CSA adapter is polymer, they may be developing a metal version.

Due to varying tolerances between rifles we prefer to fit the adapters here. The vast majority of customers are very pleased but we have had the odd problem gun.

The CSA adapter offers a bolt hold open device the B&T does not.

We can offer new CZ 858 fitted with the adapter (and test fired) for $955 without they are still $695.00

Is the CSA adapter designed for 7.62 or just .223? I cant find it for 7.62!

I have a question - why doesn't CSA and/or CZ rename or reclassify their 7.5" 58/858 products to Pistol? Therefore, allowing them to market their own proprietary 10 round pistol magazines. I doubt this would have little impact to their business models. Its a shame that they are allowing their competitors to seize what should be their proprietary market share of magazines for their product. I would estimate that CSA/CZ would sell thousands of 10 round pistol magazines for every adapter sold (you do the math). This been said there still would be a market for these adapters for people who wish to use their current AR and LAR i0 round magazines. CSA and CZ please help us keep our rifles red and we Canadians will make you rich/richer.
    NFA member

The last thing that was holding me up from buying a csa in .223 is fixed. I'll definately buy one with the aluminium adapter come this springs tax return!

Quote Originally Posted by Prenoob View Post
    I have a question - why doesn't CSA and/or CZ rename or reclassify their 7.5" 58/858 products to Pistol? Therefore, allowing them to market their own proprietary 10 round pistol magazines. I doubt this would have little impact to their business models. Its a shame that they are allowing their competitors to seize what should be their proprietary market share of magazines for their product. I would estimate that CSA/CZ would sell thousands of 10 round pistol magazines for every adapter sold (you do the math). This been said there still would be a market for these adapters for people who wish to use their current AR and LAR i0 round magazines. CSA and CZ please help us keep our rifles red and we Canadians will make you rich/richer.
    It is not as simple as that, I will try and make a brief explanation.

For example with the TP9 from Brugger & Thomet, we had a “Pistol” manufactured for us, no butt stock no front vertical grip and new designed 10 rd mags. We presented her for approval. We were advised that the mags were considered modified SMG mags and therefore limited to 5 rds. There is no appeal process for this so to get this issue to court I would have to sell the 10 rd “pistol” mags and invite prosecution for trafficking in prohibited devices. I could also appeal to my MP to intervene through our parliamentary process. I considered both options, I decided not to proceed with the project.

The situation with the CZ 858 is very similar. Persuading the manufacturer to make a pistol would be the easy part, getting her approved shouldn’t be very difficult but 10 rd magazines!!!!!! If this pistol used new mags the manufacturer would have to provide sworn statements that these mags were newly designed and manufactured for this pistol and not based on the CZ 858 rifle magazine. We would not be able to use the cheap surplus CZ 858 mags.

A point to note: We presented statements from ArmaLite concerning the design and development of the their “new” AR10 rifle, to argue that their AR10 was not developed from the AR15/M16. This was ignored, the AR10 remained restricted as she was considered a variant of the AR15/M16.

The bottom line is that the presentation and approval of a CZ 858 pistol using 10 rd mags that also happen to fit the CZ 858 rifle will come under extremely close scrutiny. Remembering that there is no legal appeal against the RCMP/CFC decision and having been there before, this project makes me extremely cautious. This is why I asked CSA to make a mag well adapter to take approved 10 rd mags and when Wolverine and CSA parted we asked B & T Ag. to make a mag well adapter for the CZ 858, I felt using approved 10 rd pistol mags that were readily available was a more viable option.
    Last edited by Mr Wolverine; 11-22-2012 at 08:07 PM.

Thank you John for replying to my question...very much appreciated!
    NFA member

CGN Ultra frequent flyer fugawi's Avatar
    That's prudent John, don't want to jeopardize a good thing.
    The above post is the intellectual property of the person writing under the pseudonym "fugawi" Any use or reproduction of such posts, in whole or in part, outside "www.canadiangunnutz.com" requires the express written consent of the author.