Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ... 911121314151617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: CZ 858 Magwell adapters.

Hey Mr Wolverine, any updates on the development of the aluminum magwell for 5.56 version of the csa vz 58?

I always wanted to build a NR CSA vz 58 with Chromelined barrel, and the ability to accept stanag magazines (esp Pmags)

Any updates would be great. Even if the response is a no, at least I'll know and will spend the money on something else. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by t_102 View Post
    Hey Mr Wolverine, any updates on the development of the aluminum magwell for 5.56 version of the csa vz 58?

I always wanted to build a NR CSA vz 58 with Chromelined barrel, and the ability to accept stanag magazines (esp Pmags)

Any updates would be great. Even if the response is a no, at least I'll know and will spend the money on something else. Thanks!
    I see no reason why a B&T CZ 858 adapter could not be fitted to a CSA rifle, this would require some carefull custom fitting. We have no plans to design any new adapters.

CZ 858 Magwell adapters.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wolverine View Post
    I see no reason why a B&T CZ 858 adapter could not be fitted to a CSA rifle, this would require some carefull custom fitting. We have no plans to design any new adapters.
    IIRC, arent those adapters for 7.62x39 only? Would they work with CSA 5.56, using 5.56 ar15 magazines?

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by t_102 View Post
    IIRC, arent those adapters for 7.62x39 only? Would they work with CSA 5.56, using 5.56 ar15 magazines?
    They are intended for 7.62x39, but IIRC someone on CGN put one on a CSA 5.56 rifle in order to use LAR mags. It can be done, talk to your gunsmith.

Quote Originally Posted by diemaco View Post
    They are intended for 7.62x39, but IIRC someone on CGN put one on a CSA 5.56 rifle in order to use LAR mags. It can be done, talk to your gunsmith.
    Are the 7.62x39 AR mags the same dimensions(as far as the magwell geometry, I know 7.62 usually curves more) as standard 5.56 AR mags?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer 5440fight's Avatar
    My csa adapter and 7.5" csa Vz58 in 7.62x39 work perfectly, no issues at all. Bang, bang, bang... ten times, mags drop free, perfect. No last shot mag hold open, but I can handle that. BTW, the Dlask XB2 makes the shorty no louder than a longer CZ, though I can't testify what it sounds like downrange...
    "Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not." ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

Hey all.
    Don't mean to thread necro.

Want to see if this mag adapter,
    B&T AG CZ 858 AR15 Magwell Adapter
    http://www.wolverinesupplies.com/det...l-Adapter.aspx

Still requires machining or can just be bought and put onto the rifle by a basic user?

Regards,

J

Quote Originally Posted by Vivie84 View Post
    Hey all.

Still requires machining or can just be bought and put onto the rifle by a basic user?

Regards,

J
    I believe they require gun smithing/machining. I had to get that done on my csa vz58 7.62x39 last yr when I bought it from wolverinesupplies.
    “The belief in a supernatural source of evil is not necessary. Men alone are quite capable of every wickedness.”

CGN Ultra frequent flyer 5440fight's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Vivie84 View Post
    Hey all.

Depends on the receiver. I've seen CSA receivers that it will drop into, and some that won't.

Regards,

J
    Depends on the receiver. I've seen CSA receivers that it will drop into, and some that won't.
    "Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not." ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

I've got a brand new CSA Vz.84... I could not find a date stamped on the rifle.