Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 10121314151617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: CZ 858 Magwell adapters.

CGN Regular
    for 5.56 these work great. There are 3 of us that have the vz 58 with these adapter and they run any AR mag LAR XCR 10 round mags. never a malfunction. forget last round bolt open though, even though they come with a bolt catch, they will jam up as they dont always catch the follower and the bolt will ride over it mushrooming the head. Best thing you can do is grind off the tab that is supposed to catch the follower. This way you can manually lock the bolt back with it. CSA said they only tested the mag catch with 3 types of high quality mags so don't guarantee its operation on any other mags.

http://www.wolverinesupplies.com/det...l-Adapter.aspx

Ive heard that particular adapter works really well. I have the 7.62 x 39 version of the vs58. Sent an email ahead to wolverine to see if they know.

Apologies for the grave-dig, but I thought it would be better to post here rather than create a new thread.

Anyways... I've got a 2014-manufactured CSA 7.62x39 and I *think* the magwell adapter might drop in, as the inside dimensions are within the 64mm mark for length. Only problem is that the upper portion by the handguard looks a lot different from other receiver pics posted in this thread thus far... anyone have an idea if this will still affect fitment?

CGN frequent flyer
    Gonna necro this....

I just ordered the bt adapter for my cz858... Hoping I can do the mod myself. I don't mind setting up my heavy duty drill press and machinists vise and give it a go. Going slowly with sharp tools should cut it fine. But does anyone have actual measurements on what needs to be removed? I do have the document from Wolverine but it isn't very clear honestly

Sweet

Quote Originally Posted by krprice84 View Post
    Gonna necro this....

I just ordered the bt adapter for my cz858... Hoping I can do the mod myself. I don't mind setting up my heavy duty drill press and machinists vise and give it a go. Going slowly with sharp tools should cut it fine. But does anyone have actual measurements on what needs to be removed? I do have the document from Wolverine but it isn't very clear honestly
    Let us know how it turns out! I have a vz58 sported in .223 with the polymer adapter but I'd really like to get an aluminum one the b and t adapter is the only option out there but I don't know how well it works with the .223 and how hard it would be to fit my rifle

CGN frequent flyer
    Yea we'll see. I think I can machine it myself, drill press and high speed cutters, doing it in small bits, should work decently. May not be super pretty buy I think it will look decent honestly.

I'm also wondering what mags I need? I know some guys have said the newer XCR mags don't work, others have said C products mags do work or don't work. What's the final answer? Can I just go buy XCR pistol mags and be happy?

I went to see my local machinist last week to see what his thoughts would be on replicating the CDs Magwell adapter for the .223 version. He made one up for me and I fit it to my gun. Looks pretty good!! Except the rough paint job I did on it. But it seems to function very well with dummy rounds and the last round bolt hold works too!! I just have to field test it when j have a chance.

What was the cost to have it made just curious? I have been toying with the idea and didn't have good luck with the b&t one. Haven't tried the polymer Csa but like the functionality me controls of it. Did you have the 223 rifle or 7.62?

I have the .223 version I had bought the plastic adapter for it. It works great but not very rugged so I wanted a steel or aluminum one but havnt had any luck finding a manufacturer so the machinist I know made it for me. Charged me 400$ ! Its a lot to spend but I figured in a shtf scenario I'd rather have somthing that could take a beating.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer deagle2008's Avatar
    Im very interested but only if they work fine