Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567891011121315 ... LastLast

Thread: CZ 858 Magwell adapters.

really looking forward. This will be a great improvement. Any change the B&T will have a left handed mag release?
    Glock 19 | Ruger Gunsite | Benelli Supernova

Quote Originally Posted by trekstor View Post
    really looking forward. This will be a great improvement. Any change the B&T will have a left handed mag release?
    The mag release will be on the left side as shown in the photo.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Dexter Morgan's Avatar
    Can the XCR magazines be reloaded with a stripper clip through the top of the gun?

BANNED
    Sweet, i am in for a cz858 adapter and 100 mags...

CGN Regular
    I'm with Dexter Morgan, would like to know if stripper clips work with adapter and XCR mag

Quote Originally Posted by jcombe View Post
    I'm with Dexter Morgan, would like to know if stripper clips work with adapter and XCR mag
    Stripper clips work but tough to get the last rd in.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer griffin86's Avatar
    Well I might have to pull the CZ 858 out of the safe and get it rebarreled. Looking forward to the B & T adapter.
    CGN Weekly Schedule
    Monday: Can't access the EE! Tuesday: Non-restricted rifles like AR-15? Wednesday: Difference between 223 and 556? Thursday: 9 or 45? Friday: Bear Defense thread Saturday: Why is this prohibited? Sunday: Zombie thread

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wolverine View Post
    The mag shown is one of the new 10 rd 7.62x39 XCR Pistol mags.
    sorry for my ignorance, does that mean that the adapter for the 7.62x39 mags are in stock? or is that a csa 223 one made to fit on a cz?

There are two mag well adapters, or rather there will be two.

Firstly CSA have made an adapter from polymer, this was designed for the CSA guns in .223. It features a RHS mag release and a bolt hold open catch. Sells for $85.00. I have had the CZ 858 (caliber 7.62x39)machined so that the adapter will fit and function. I have used these in several CSA guns and one CZ 858. The major problem that I am encountering in both calibers and makes of guns is that the bolt catch will catch on the rim of a rd and engage prematurely. Shortening this catch may improve it.

Secondly we have commissioned Brugger & Thomet to make us a mag well adapter, this is designed to fit the CZ 858 in 7.62x39. We see no reason why this will not work in a CSA gun. All guns will require some machining in order to accept the AR15 magazine. It is possible that all later CSA guns will not require any machining but until we have a B&T adapter here to try I cannot be certain. The B&T adapter is machined from aluminium, has a LHS mag release and no bolt catch. Retail $185.00 ETA is mid Dec.

Both adapters are designed to use AR15 type mags, this enables the use of 10 rd LAR 15 and XCR Pistol mags in .223 and the 10 rd XCR Pistol mag in 7.62x39. we have both mags in stock for $29.95

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wolverine View Post
    There are two mag well adapters, or rather there will be two.

Firstly CSA have made an adapter from polymer, this was designed for the CSA guns in .223. It features a RHS mag release and a bolt hold open catch. Sells for $85.00. I have had the CZ 858 (caliber 7.62x39)machined so that the adapter will fit and function. I have used these in several CSA guns and one CZ 858. The major problem that I am encountering in both calibers and makes of guns is that the bolt catch will catch on the rim of a rd and engage prematurely. Shortening this catch may improve it.

Secondly we have commissioned Brugger & Thomet to make us a mag well adapter, this is designed to fit the CZ 858 in 7.62x39. We see no reason why this will not work in a CSA gun. All guns will require some machining in order to accept the AR15 magazine. It is possible that all later CSA guns will not require any machining but until we have a B&T adapter here to try I cannot be certain. The B&T adapter is machined from aluminium, has a LHS mag release and no bolt catch. Retail $185.00 ETA is mid Dec.

Both adapters are designed to use AR15 type mags, this enables the use of 10 rd LAR 15 and XCR Pistol mags in .223 and the 10 rd XCR Pistol mag in 7.62x39. we have both mags in stock for $29.95
    Once the CZ 858 (caliber 7.62x39) is machined will it still accept the original mags if the adapter is removed?
    Cheers,
    Jacko