Page 6 of 23 FirstFirst 123456789101112131416 ... LastLast

Thread: CZ 858 Magwell adapters.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacko832 View Post
    Once the CZ 858 (caliber 7.62x39) is machined will it still accept the original mags if the adapter is removed?
    Yes simply remove the magwell adapter and re-fit the original bolt catch and mag catch and you can use your original mags.

Yes it will, once the hardware is reinstalled.
    As updated in his original post and confirmed to me last page.

oops you beat me to it mr wolverine.

Please make sure they work ith pmags and emags drop free. Or just full size ar15 mags
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wolverine View Post
    There are two mag well adapters, or rather there will be two.

Firstly CSA have made an adapter from polymer, this was designed for the CSA guns in .223. It features a RHS mag release and a bolt hold open catch. Sells for $85.00. I have had the CZ 858 (caliber 7.62x39)machined so that the adapter will fit and function. I have used these in several CSA guns and one CZ 858. The major problem that I am encountering in both calibers and makes of guns is that the bolt catch will catch on the rim of a rd and engage prematurely. Shortening this catch may improve it.

Secondly we have commissioned Brugger & Thomet to make us a mag well adapter, this is designed to fit the CZ 858 in 7.62x39. We see no reason why this will not work in a CSA gun. All guns will require some machining in order to accept the AR15 magazine. It is possible that all later CSA guns will not require any machining but until we have a B&T adapter here to try I cannot be certain. The B&T adapter is machined from aluminium, has a LHS mag release and no bolt catch. Retail $185.00 ETA is mid Dec.

Both adapters are designed to use AR15 type mags, this enables the use of 10 rd LAR 15 and XCR Pistol mags in .223 and the 10 rd XCR Pistol mag in 7.62x39. we have both mags in stock for $29.95
    Glock 19 | Ruger Gunsite | Benelli Supernova

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Dexter Morgan's Avatar
    After this project is completed;

Is there any chance you could ask your friends at B&T to design a magazine adapter for the SKS?

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by Dexter Morgan View Post
    After this project is completed;

Is there any chance you could ask your friends at B&T to design a magazine adapter for the SKS?
    185 dollar mag adapter on a 169 dollar gun?

Lol, waste of time for sks, just get a vz58.

Vz58 will be in the 21st century with this mag adapter
    Glock 19 | Ruger Gunsite | Benelli Supernova

CGN Ultra frequent flyer berger's Avatar
    I apologize for sounding like a newb here, but the subject of this thread is adapters for a CZ858 (x39). From what I understand, unless you make machinist mods to your CZ858, it won't work. Kind of deceiving subject line for guys like me who think plug n'play. How about we cut to the chase here, cause I KNOW others are thinking the same...can I take my CZ858 in 7.62x39 and plug one of these adapters in? Don't care about .223 at this point.
    Prost!

Berger

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by berger View Post
    I apologize for sounding like a newb here, but the subject of this thread is adapters for a CZ858 (x39). From what I understand, unless you make machinist mods to your CZ858, it won't work. Kind of deceiving subject line for guys like me who think plug n'play. How about we cut to the chase here, cause I KNOW others are thinking the same...can I take my CZ858 in 7.62x39 and plug one of these adapters in? Don't care about .223 at this point.
    No. That was already answered, some material has to be machined out of the mag well in your CZ 858.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Milsparro's Avatar
    Badda-bump... any updates on availability of the B&T and an address and price to have it installed?
    If you could talk to any victim killed in crime, they would much rather have had a handgun than a law.
    Rights do not exist. There is only law and duty.
    Governmental authority is all in a.) your head and b.) their weapons.

Ability is not a crime and accused does not mean guilty.
    (c) Milsparro My written permission required for reproduction outside of C.G.N.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Milsparro's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Milsparro View Post
    Badda-bump... any updates on availability of the B&T and an address and price to have it installed?
    If you could talk to any victim killed in crime, they would much rather have had a handgun than a law.
    Rights do not exist. There is only law and duty.
    Governmental authority is all in a.) your head and b.) their weapons.

Ability is not a crime and accused does not mean guilty.
    (c) Milsparro My written permission required for reproduction outside of C.G.N.